• Daddy's Girl •

Authors Note: I'm sooo sorry it's taken me so long to update! I've had a lot going on and just haven't had motivation to write! My Aunt passed away a little over a week ago and I've been spending the holidays with my family. But anyways I hope you like the chapter and I hope everyone who celebrates it had a GREAT Christmas! ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS!! I can't believe it!!!! Okay I'll hush now. Have a good day and enjoy! Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT! ☺️💗

Previously:

He lets me down once we're inside the stables and he slowly leads me to the once empty stall right next to his horse, Rising Sun. The one I've bonded with.

The only difference is this time the stall isn't empty. There's a large white horse standing inside eating hay.

"You bought yourself another horse?" I ask him confused.

"No... I bought you a horse!" He exclaims.

"YOU DID WHAT NOW?!"

"I bought you a horse!" He says in a 'duh' tone.

"Okay, first of all don't get all duh like with me like this is a naturally occurring thing. I mean people don't just go around buying horses for people!" I exclaim dramatically.

"I mean, we kinda do here at Graceland." He mumbles and then shrugs.

I keep forgetting how different things are here compared to what I experienced in what now feels like a whole other life.
I mean here my laundry is done for me. Mary makes all of my food. Although I do help sometimes. I don't really have chores. I have a sister. And Elvis gives expensive presents away all the time, cars, jewelry, money, you name it. It's definitely easy to let it all get to your head.

I think the only reason why it hasn't gotten to mine really is the fact that I've grown up knowing what it's like to do without.

Before I came here I barely had anything. And Mama made me work really hard doing all of the work around the house. I cooked, cleaned, plus I had to keep up with my school work, it was overwhelming at times to say the least.

I know Elvis grew up dirt poor so I think one of the only reasons he's so giving is the fact that he too knows what it's like to do without. And he wants to make people happy and help people in one of the only ways he knows how. By giving them gifts.

I just really wasn't expecting him to get me a horse. I mean all of his other gifts to me were all materialistic things. Clothes, shoes, makeup, perfume, etc. But this time is different. He actually bought me a living breathing animal. And before I know it, I'm crying again. Wimp.

I don't know if it's the fact that he trusts and believes in me enough to take care of the horse, or if it's hormones that have me now full on ugly crying all I do know is, I want it to stop.

I let out a sigh as Elvis pulls me into his arms for the second time tonight trying to calm me down as I soak his shirt with my tears. And even though I'm annoyed by how over emotional I'm being I'm also relieved to have a father that cares about me like Elvis does. There's no place in the world I've ever felt safer than I do when I'm wrapped protectively in my dad's arms.

We get the stall all set up with food and water for her. Elvis informed me that she's a girl, but she doesn't have a name yet. And since she's my horse, I get to name her.

We debate on names for a while. I really wanted to name her something in relation to Elvis because she is a gift from him after all. But also because I want him to know how appreciative I am for all he's done for me. I'm torn between Blue Suede, because her eyes are a beautiful blue color, and she's very soft. Or Tupelo, because that's where Daddy was born and I like how unique it is.

I rattle off the names to Elvis and he thinks for a second before telling me he likes Blue Suede the best. He said it's a perfect fit for her. And he feels honored I chose to name her that when there were so many other names I could've chosen instead.

Once we were set on a name we decided it was time to head back into the house because it was getting late. Elvis gives me another piggy back ride back to the house and when we get inside we see people are getting ready to start leaving.

"There you two are! We've been looking for you. Everyone wanted to make sure they got to say goodnight to you before they started to head out." Cilla says smiling as she makes her way over to us.

I slide down Elvis' back and stand up on the floor. Then I head over and start saying goodbye to everyone. The last ones to leave were Vernon and his new wife Dee and a young friend of theirs they had brought with them. His name is Dean Carter and he's apparently 13 years old. They had to bring him with because I guess his parents are out of town and they asked Dee and Vernon to look after him until they get back. It seems weird that they'd leave him at Christmas time but I decided it'd be best not to question it.

I learned that Dean is 13, like I said. He's tall for his age too, about 5'7. He has dark brown hair and the greenest eyes I've ever seen. He also has tanned skin, which makes me think he must spend a lot of time outside.

"It was nice meeting ya." Dean says. I feel blood rushing to my cheeks, I know I'm blushing like mad. I nervously shake Dean's outstretched hand and out of the corner of my eye I see Cilla grinning at our hands as Dean holds mine a little longer than necessary. I look up and my eyes meet his. He gives me a big smile with his straight white teeth. Then I feel myself being pulled back, my hand falling from his grasp. I look up to see an angry looking Elvis who is glaring at Dean.

"Thank you for dinner and everything Mr. Presley." Dean says before reaching out to shake Elvis' hand.

"You're welcome son." Elvis replies a little hard and hesitantly shakes his hand one good time before dropping it. Dean clears his throat awkwardly and  looks towards the floor.

"We'll see you later then son. Thank you for such a nice evening." Vernon says to Elvis.

"No problem, Daddy. We love you. Goodnight." Elvis replies before letting them out the front door.

After they're gone Elvis turns around towards us just as Cilla is giving me a teasing bump with her hip trying to get my attention. I look up and she raises her eyebrows at me. Elvis must have seen her because his face instantly turns angry again.

"Don't even think about it!" He says pointing and glaring at me before stomping off towards the kitchen. Cilla giggles beside me.

What the heck did I do?