Chapter 8

Stiles was in class when his phone rang. Loud ringing shocked him as he picked it up excusing himself getting a annoyed look from his teacher.

"Hello?" Stiles asked curiously not knowing who it was. But he did know it was a Kansas area code, and he did give Sam his number.

"Stiles?" Sam's voice echoed through on the other side. Stiles sighed and gave a small note to add his contact to the list. "Yeah. Yeah it's Stiles."

"Stiles can we meet up somewhere?? Dean went off with Jack and Cas, and it's pretty lonely here. I'm honestly going insane being alone." Sam said.

Stiles thought this was weird of Sam, he's use to being alone.  And from the books Stiles read, and information he's got from Sam and online. This was a concern of all means.

"Are you okay?" Stiles asked.

"Not really. Stiles you wanted to know more about your mom right?"

Stiles stood there silently. Biting his tongue he let his mouth open.

"Where do you want to meet?" Stiles cleared his throat questioning.

"The Diner outside of Virginia?" Sam questioned. Stiles sighed.

"What time?"

"In about two hours."

"On it, see you there."

Stiles sighed and then the phone made a click. He glanced at his teacher who wasn't paying attention, he hiked his backpack higher and walked down the stairs to the exit. 

Stiles walked up the road and to his jeep smiling. He was glad he got it up here, he missed it. Lydia was at his house for the week, so he quickly shot her a message telling her he was gonna go see Sam. Ignoring her messages asking about class he started the car and drove out into the highway.

A hour and a half later Stiles was steadily driving besides a truck. Glancing he saw a man in the truck who was wearing a black suit, not thinking much he looked back on the road before suddenly the green light had turned red.

Slamming down on the breaks Stiles panted slightly as he almost got hit by a car behind him as he stopped. The truck barely took a stop as it landed beside the car.

Stiles looked around as many horns was honking and other drivers was as concerned as he was. The man in the truck had turned and was eerily looking at Stiles through the window.

Blinking the man gave a small wave and smile as his eyes turned black. Blanching at the sight Stiles floored it just as the light went green.

"What the f÷÷÷?" Stiles asked himself as he looked back. Was a demon tracking him? Messing with his pentagram necklace he looked back as the truck turned the other way, black exhaust fumes coming out behind it.

"Better be a da#n good thing about my mom for you to call me up." Stiles said opening the door of the diner and marching to Sam's table.

"It is. Believe me." Sam dropped the book on the table. It was a small leather bound book, signed men of letters.

"Men of letters? Why would they having something on my mom?" Stiles questioned knowing of the hunter society.

"Your mom helped them with a witch case. Its written in the records right here. Sometime between when she was twenty years old and thirty."

Stiles blinked. "How? I was born when she was twenty three. And she was married to my dad when she was thirty. And around thirty one she died." 

"I guess she did it without you guys knowledge. Listen I don't know how or when, just I was looking into some of the records and saw her name. I wanted you to read it." Sam said sliding it towards me. It was a dark brown leather bound dusty book. Silver cursive writing was bright yet small on the brown book cover.

Gulping I glanced at him flipping to the page that was bookmarked.

Claudia nee Gajos was in dark writing at the beginning paragraph. Running my finger against the writing I looked at Sam and nodded.

"Claudia nee Gajos, Hunter and spark who helped take down a witch in Michigan. The witch was charming children to kill their parents. Claudia talked the witch into letting the children down and then burned the witches supplies, trapping her into a net trap. Turned out the witch was a human possessed by another witch, to be the bait. The human was released and the actual witch was captured and taken in by the men of letters, finding the rest of its clan. Claudia had helped us take down the witch in a span of two days."

Running my tongue against my teeth, my tongue clicked against them and made a loud noise. I stared at the writing, how could she have done something like that without our knowledge?

"It wasn't much." I said glancing up and handing it back to him.

"But you can keep it for awhile. Read more, see if there's anything else." Sam said shoving it back.

"Its okay. I mean-"

"Keep it. I mean it." Sam said looking at Stiles his voice softening.

"Fine." Stiles sighed shoving his hands into his jean pockets. He had on the way changed into a red hoodie and black jeans, making him a half hour late after he dropped his backpack at his apartment kissing Lydia goodbye.

"So, care for a bite to eat?"

"Considering it'll be the last before I fail my college class because it's boring, yes."

"That bad?"

Stiles snorted. "I knew all of this in Junior year. I just hate the teacher and don't want to do the work. That's who's class I left when you called."

Sam lifted his hand waving a waitress over. "Curly fries?"

"Always. I am always up for curly fries."

Stiles grabbed his phone fumbling with it as Sam ordered. The bell on top of the door rang signalling someone entered the diner, Stiles didn't pay much attention to it. But then a gun cocked.

Screaming, so much screaming. Stiles looked up locking eyes with Sam as people took cover under the table. Stiles eyes went straight to the gunmen, the man being the black eyed waver he had saw earlier.

"Where's Stiles Stilinski?" he screamed out shooting the ceiling.

Stiles looked at Sam again paranoia shooting through him.

The demon looked at Sam as he had his hand resting on his gun. "Winchester." it hissed out walking towards the booth. Stiles looked down and grabbed the silver knife flinging it towards the demons head.

The demon looked at Stiles shocked before pulling it out of his eye, throwing it onto the ground.

"Two in one." he whispered as more people piled into the diner. All black eyed people.