Chapter 10

Sam and Dean stared at the young boys limp body on the couch, debating on whether to be afraid or to be very glad he was with them. The bunker's floor was covered in books that Sam thought may help them in this, predicament.

"So, you're telling me, he went all Demon blood on their a####?" Dean asked once Sam finished telling him what had happened.

"Stiles does not have demon blood. No need to worry about that." Castiel said. "But he did do something similar to what I could do when I did have the uh..demon blood." Sam said looking at Stiles face closely.

"He's a spark." Castiel said nonchalantly.

"Which is?" Dean asked annoyed and grabbed a beer off the table. "Means he has powers to a extent. He's been trained."

"The question is by what exactly? His pack?" Sam asked curiously.

"Possibly by another magical being. Or someone who knew well of them. He's connected to nature and can also control mountain ash."

"The other things, casting the demons out, is a uncommon thing for Sparks. But it is possible if a travesty was appointed to let them do this, something to make them protect others."

            "What kind of travesty?"

"Like a demon possession. Being a sworn protector of a nemeton, which is what he is. It's a complicated process but if pressured enough it can happen. That's why he is probably drained. He seems to be in a coma."

"Well how do we get him out?" Dean asked looking at Stiles phone buzzing on the coffee table. Sam grabbed all of his loose belongings and put them all on the table. A little vial, a knife, phone, wallet, ID. That's about it for what Stiles brings to a casual diner.

"I don't know much about this, my knowledge is limited considering they are very rare. Druids are more common. He could be a possible emissary too, which would explain a lot. If we need to, we could always try to find Chuck." Cas said, trailing off at the end wincing at what was to come.

"Chuck left us." Dean said angrily, chuckling slightly.

"He left us around the time we needed him the most. Guess he's just too big of a coward to help us with his brother."

"Dean, Lucifer has gone MIA for the last three months. Maybe Chuck, God, took care of him." Sam suggested.

Dean rolled his eyes mumbling a sarcastic yeah.

Glancing down at the phone again, the ID flashed brightly as violent vibrations echoed in the bunker.

                      Incoming call

                              Lyds

"Lydia has called him a few times now. Maybe she knows how to help him. She's his girlfriend after all." Sam suggested breaking the tension.

"The banshee may know." Cas said glancing at Dean, his eyes locking onto his.

"Let's not tell her." Dean said.

"Whatever is happening we need to help him somehow." Sam argued gritting his teeth.

"Stiles is not a bad person Dean." Cas said looking over at the boy.

"He reminds me of Jack." Cas observed. Sam winced at the mention of the young boys name, his heart refusing to let go of that ache.

"Yeah well, he's not Jack." Dean told Cas grabbing Stiles phone and shutting it off. His jaw had clenched and locked in. Cas observed this, noting the small ticks of the Winchesters.

"I don't trust them." Dean concluded.

"I do." Sam said crossing his arms.

"I vote we just try to solve this.." Cas tried getting in between the brothers.

It was like the words had went through one ear and out the other. Cas sighed softly as they ignored him.

"And why is that?" Dean asked.

"They attacked us."

"We attacked first. Actually you attacked."

"Not all monsters are bad Dean."

"Says you, who killed his girlfriend, who was a werewolf." Dean spat.

"She was a omega! A rogue! She couldn't control herself!"  Sam yelled his fists slamming against a table as he turned away.

Castiel glanced at the boys body, as he twitched very slightly at the increase of volume.

"Stiles." Castiel tried glancing nervously towards the younger boy.

"She still was a monster!" Dean roared back.

"So was Benny!" Sam said as Dean threw the beer bottle down.

"Benny tried to save people."

"So did Stiles pack." Sam said wincing at the glass shattering.

Castiel looked at Dean and slowly walked up to him.

"The vision I had, I think is a glimpse of the future. IF we don't prevent it. That wasn't Stiles, nor was that Lydia." Castiel said as Dean looked at Castiel in such a mix of emotions in his eyes.

They have been through hell the past few months, literally, from Jack, to Lucifer, from Gabriel and Kevin coming back and their mom being gone.

Kevin may have been dead, but he still stopped by the bunker thanks to Chuck. And Gabriel, Jesus no one knows how he's still alive. Or where exactly he is alive.

Dean was hurting because of all the death he couldn't prevent. But so was everyone else.

"I saw the look in Stiles eyes. It was dark," Cas glanced at the ground. "it was so dark, unbearably dark. It made me feel like hell had been sent straight into his irises." With the chilling words Sam felt his spine tense.

"That's..that's  not what I see in our Stiles eyes. I see you two. I see innocence and heroism. I see kindness." Castiel said sighing bending down by Stiles and wiping the hair out of his closed eyes.

"Dean, please, think about this. He's your nephew. He's clean. I know it. He's not evil."  Castiel diversely looked into Dean's eyes.
Dean looked at him for a few moments before nodding and looking down, almost ashamed of his actions.

"Sorry. I'm just stressed. Pissed off. Wish he wasn't thrown into all this."

"Sadly, I think he was a long time ago." Sam said glancing at the pile of books.

"Let's see what we can find. I've been reading up on the nemeton and Beacon Hills. Let's see what else we can find tonight."

"I'll take the computer. Cas, angel radio and help Sam. I'll order a pizza and get some more beer." Dean said grabbing the impala keys and leaving without a beat.

"Bye." Sam said sarcastically. Castiel sighed. This was going to be a long night.