Chapter Six - More Than Words

[A/N:  No proofreading in this chapter yet.  Will edit this later after class.:) Comments? Vote? Yes? Please?]

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

CHAPTER SIX - MORE THAN WORDS

I don't know why, but I had a great dream last night.  It was one of may many good dreams of him.

I woke up early and wrote on my temporary diary before I got up to take a shower.  I put on a black tank top, denim shorts and my favorite 2 year-old red keds.  I looked at the clock and it's only 8am.  So much for sleeping in today.  

I stuffed my macbook pro in my bag and ran downstairs.

I was about to open the front door when my mom suddenly spoke out of nowhere.  "You're up early."  I turned and saw her and dad sitting on our couch watching something on the telly.  "Hi Mum. Hi Dad. Morning."  I replied.  I rarely see dad in the morning.  He drives to work really early right before I even wake up.  "Morning sweetheart!"  My dad faced me and smiled.

I was about to turn and leave again but mum spoke again.  "And where are you going without breakfast my little mornflake?"  Yes, they calls me mornflake.  Will have to talk about that some other time I'm afraid.  My dad just nodded and proceeds to watching telly.

"Umm...  I have to... get to class?"  I stuttered a bit.  I'm wasn't particularly good with lying but I was hoping she'd believe me.

I crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows  "Hmm... Really now? On a holiday like today?"  She asked with a curious tone.  I froze.  Oh snap.  I forgot about that.  I didn't know there was even a holiday today.  I just thought we didn't have class today 'cause the faculty and staff as school had a team building thing.  

I pretended to look at my watch and  pretanded to panic.  I turned around and opened the door as fast as I could.

"Can't talk now mum.  I'm late!"  I ran off and when I got to the corner I stopped to compose myself.  I felt out of breath and I kept panting.  Whew.  That was close.  I'll have to remember to prepare myself for mother later.

I walked a few blocks passing by some local stores before I stopped outside a small shop with a wooden door.

The sign said 'The Norah Collection'.

I opened it and heard the bell on the door chime as I came in.  The smell of old books filled the air.  Oh how I love the smell of books.  I always go online a lot but nothing can compare to my love for books.  I found this place last year when I was not in a good state.  I had really bad grades and I got scolded.  I ran out of the house and ended up here.  I've been coming back ever since, everytime I was troubled or I just wanted to relax.

 I walked over to one of the small tables set out.  I placed my bag on top and walked over to the counter. 

"Well hello there Elaine dear. Good Morning!"  The old woman sitting behind the counter greeted me with a big smile on her face.

"Good Morning Cordelia!"  I chimed happy to see the bookstore owner.  Well I wouldn't really call it a bookstore.  It's more of a small library that only sells books on rare occasions.  You see, Cordelia has this life philosophy.  I can't recall what it was about exactly but in short, she'll only sell you books if she trusts you to take care of it.  

She values books to much to sell them to just anyone.  Also, I think it has something to do with her Mother or something.  Probably explains why it's 'The Norah Collection' and not 'The Cordelia Collection'.  So yeah.  

But she did sell me a copy of Emma once because she thought I 'needed a little romance' in my life.  HAHA.  As if I need yet another reason to wish I had a love life.  I didn't want to offend her 'cause she seemed to trust me so I bought it.  It's been hiding somewhere in my room I think.  Never really got to read it.

"It's nice to see you again young lady.  What brings you here?"  She asked, concern showed in her light brown eyes.

I tried to give her a smile.  "Well I was just in the area.  And it's a holiday.  Just wanted to see how you were doing."

"Oh well, I've been good dear.  Sold another book to a little girl and a young lad this week."

"That's rare of you to be selling your books.  That's good to know though.  Who were they?"  I sat at the chair in front of the counter.

"I didn't get their names but they were delightful.  Now tell me dear, what's the matter?"  She looked at me again.  Concern was in her eyes.  I shuffled uncomfortably in my seat.  "Umm... Nothing really."  She kept silent and looked at me waiting for me to probably do something.

I sighed and readied myself.  "Well, I had a rough week.  I just wanted to relax somewhere so I came here."  I said.  She nodded and waiting for me to continue.  "I lost my umm... diary and someone has it.  I've been having a few bad dreams and I even have this school project that I need to do good in to get a good college recommendation.  Plus my partner isn't really helping me out."  I paused and breathed in.  I lost my breath for a few seconds.  "So yeah... that's about it Cordelia."  I gave a faint smile.

She nodded once and stood up.  She walked over and pulled me in for a hug.  She doesn't say anything but her actions are more than enough to speak to me.  She's like a Grandmother I never got to meet.

---------

I spent the whole morning reading and hanging out at TNC (The Norah Collection if you haven't realized that yet.).

At about a quarter to one, I left to get to Nando's on time.  I wanted to get this over with as soon as possible.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

[A/N: Okay so sorry if this is short. This is actually like a 'filler-chapter' as I like to call it.  Just small fragmented scenes to add to the story.  It doesn't seem like much but I always have a reason for adding these things into stories.  I'd appreaciate it if you do read these small bits because it'll help you understand the story in the end.:) So yeah.

I already have the next chapter written so no worries.  I'll post the next chapter as soon as I get more than 420 reads today.  I'll be posting the next chapter later as soon as I get back from school if I get enough reads.  So deal?  Help me share this to others? Please?:)

So for now, this is the chapter I'll be posting.]

--Tricia