Chapter Seven - Poor Unfortunate Soul

[A/N: NO PROOFREADING YET HERE. Will do so soon.  So sorry in advance for the bad grammar/punctuation.  By the way, I don't know if you've notice but I've changed the later chapters into the past tense.  I felt since most stories are written like that, I should try writing that way.  SO yeah, will have to change the first few ones soon (the tense i mean). Cheers!x]

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

CHAPTER SEVEN - POOR UNFORTUNATE SOUL

I was reluctant to enter Nando's.  I mean, this was just too public for a school project right?  Especially when my partner is Zayn.  And who in their right mind would meet up in a restaurant to do a project?  Can't we meet up at a cafe or somewhere quiet like a library instead?  I don't think I would be able to concentrate with the smell and amount of food inside.

Sigh.  He better cooperate with this.

I entered the restaurant and am greeted by the smell of peri-peri chicken.  The delicious smell filled my nostrils and left my mouth watering. Mhmm... my favorite.

I was a bit surprised that it wasn't packed at all.  Isn't this still technically lunch time?  Plus I was expecting fangirls and paprazzi.  But maybe that meant that he wasn't here yet.  I looked around trying to look for any sign of him.

"Excuse me.  May I help you?"  I heard a male voice say.  I turned to see a waiter smiling at me.  "I'm... looking for someone."  I said a little bit unsure of whether I should tell him I was looking for Zayn Malik of One Direction.  "Ahh.. Well we're closing in a bit though."  He pointed at the wall clock by the counter.  It was about 12:53pm.

Strange though.  I'm pretty sure Nando's doesn't close this early.  "Why are you closing?  Doesn't Nando's close at like, 11:00pm?"  I asked.  "Yeah not so sure why either.  The manager just told us to.  Apparently there's an event or something."  He answered.

"Mind if I wait until you close?  My uhh... friend might arrive."  Great.  Just what I needed.  Now how am I going to contact Zayn?  It's not like I have his number or anything.  The waiter just shrugged.  "Yeah sure."

"Thanks..."  I looked at his nametag.  "...Mike."  I added and laughed.  He laughed and said, "No problem uhh..."  He pretended to look at my invisible nametag. "...Miss?"  He added an we both laughed again.  Might I say, he was a funny guy.

"It's Aine."  I told him.  "Well no problem Aine."  He gave me a big smile and nodded before he went back to waiting tables.

I sat at a corner table.  I hope he gets here soon.  I looked at the clock and it was already 12:57pm.  Just a few more minutes to go.  I take out my notebook to review my notes before my 'partner' got here.  Might as well get started with the project too.

I saw a lot of customers who were leaving already.  I saw Mike cleaning up the tables already.  He looked and up and smiled at me.  I smiled back.  He walked up to me.  "Hey, the manager said you should leave. Really sorry."  I just gave him a smile.  "It's fine."  Guess I'll have to wait outside then.  I stood up from my seat and picked up my things on the table. I held on to my notebook and walked towards the exit.

I looked at the clock again. Exactly 01:00pm.  And as if on queue, the door suddenly opened.

I stopped walking and froze on the spot.  I stared as Zayn comes in.  I felt the world suddenly run in slow motion.  He's wearing his signature varsity jacket and black shades.  And oh gosh his hair is perfect as usual.  I can't ever get used to this.  But I felt my whole body completely stop responding when 4 other very attractive boys entered right after Zayn in a similar slow motioned style.