Chapter Nine - O Romeo, Romeo

[A/N: Before you read this, I must warn you. This is a very corny chapter. Really. HAHAHA. So forgive me.xD Honestly want to know what all you guys think..so please comment or tweet me on twitter (@HashtagPotato) what you think. cheers!xx]

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

CHAPTER NINE - O ROMEO, ROMEO

I went up to my room to freshen up before dinner.  I took a hot shower and changed into my brother's old oversized high school shirt and my pink pajama shorts.  Andrew's shirt was too big that you couldn't even see my pajama shorts at all.  I wore my bunny slippers around the room and tidied up a bit before settling myself with my macbook on the bed.  

I started the project and tried to find references.  I decided to look for good sources of Shakespearean sonnets.  If you don't know yet, Professor Blake is our literature professor.  He had us do a research on English literature.  We had to pick a famous playwright and to write a version of his/her work for modern times.  We could do anything for the project.  We could act, write a book, or anything from singing to dancing.  I thought of writing a short story instead.  That would be easy seeing as my partner wasn't here to help out.

Before I knew it, I was already falling asleep.  I tried to keep myself up but I was just too tired from eveything that has happened today.  I decide to take a break from researching.  I logged on to the usual Facebook and reblogged some things on Tumblr.

I went on twitter and replied to some mentions from Ruth who kept apologizing for yesterday and another DM from Dini about her grandparent's London address.  I decided to post a tweet before going back to work.  I quickly switch to the tab I used to search for sonnets and picked out something random that I thought describe how I felt at the moment.

@HashtagPotato: "O thou, my lovely boy, who in thy power. Dost hold Time's fickle glass, his sickle, hour; Who hast by waning grown, and therein showest. Thy lovers withering, as thy sweet self growest."

I looked through more websites but decided not to do sonnets.  I can't understand the Old English.  My family being Filipino, we didn't really get to learn those things from our parents and we didn't really listen much about it in school.

I got up from my bed and walked over to my bookshelf.  I haven't had time to read anything these past few months.  I've always been 'busy'.  I picked up a book and looked at it.  Emma.  By Jane Austen.  It's the book Cordelia gave to me before.  I haven't read it but I have a bit of an idea about the plot.  Sadly, it's not Shakespeare though.

I put it back on the shelf and trailed the row of books with my index finger.  Hmm... I stopped at a small hardcover book.  I took it out.

Romeo and Juliet.

Now this is I can use!  I've read it once when my mom gave it to me as a present when I was a kid.  I'd play with my dad and we'd act out the scenes.  I used to memorize some of the dialogue.  Especially Act II, Scene I.  The balcony scene.  My all time favorite.  The end of the play always seemed so tragic for me as a child so dad and I would constantly just keep doing all the scenes over and over except the end.

I  smiled to myself.  I suddenly missed my childhood.

I walked out to the balcony of my bedroom.  It's a bit cold tonight but I like it.  I flipped a few pages and stopped at Act II, Scene I.  I took a deep breath.  I looked at the text and started reciting the verses.

"O Romeo, Romeo.  Where for art thou Romeo?"  I closed the book I was holding. I breathed in again.  I tried my best to remember the words of my childhood.  "Deny thy father and re--"  I trailed off trying to remember the words.  Ugh.  I squinted and tried to recall.