Chapter 3

Ray woke up to a voice in his head. This voice was Caleb. Caleb is who provokes Ray to do all the bad things that he does. Caleb is also the reason Ray has his reputation.

"Wake up Bitch Nigga!" the voice demanded. Ray bounced from his sleep, drenched in sweat from his previous nightmare. "What do you want Caleb?!" Ray yelled. "Go to Canada." Caleb said. Ray knew what this meant. Every couple of months, Caleb would force Ray to go to a different country to handle 'unfinished business.' "No Caleb, not a-.." Ray held tight to his head, screeching in pain, kicking, and yelling. The pain wouldn't stop. Then....his eyes changed.

Ray got out of his bed, and ran to his computer. "Good job bitch ass." Caleb cheered. Ray booked a flight for Canada, checked his bank balance, put his passport on the table, got dressed, and left his home.

Ray searched the mall for that "someone."

"You ain't lookin' hard enough jackass!" Caleb yelled. Since Ray was in public, he decided to not talk back to Caleb. Especially since no one can hear him but Ray. "Find a bitch, and LETS GO!" Caleb demanded. Ray shook it off.

He continued going through the mall for an hour. On his way to the food court, he bumped into a girl. She was darkskinned, with short, curly hair. "I am so sorry!" she said. "Its fine." Ray replied. "SHE'S THE ONE!" Caleb yelled. "SHE THE ONE ASS MOLE! LETS GO!"

Ray felt his body being slowly taken over by Caleb. "Hey, whats your name?" he asked.

"Layla, you?"

"Rayan, but you can call me Ray." he replied. They shook each others hand.

"Nice meeting you, and once again, sorry for bumping into you lke that."

"Its alright."

Layla started to walk away. "GO!" Caleb demanded. Even though Caleb took Ray's body, Ray stilled moved by himself, he just couldn't speak with his voice. He uses Caleb's.

Ray caught up with Layla, just as she was about to leave the building. "Layla wait up!" he yelled. She turned around to look at him. "Rayan?" he slowed down from running. "Yeah, um...I wanted to know if I could take you out?" he asked.

"Sure, when?"

"I was thinking today." he said. "Since you kinda owe me for bumping into me."

She let out a soft laugh. "Sure Ray." she replied. "But shouldn't I be taking you out?"

"Well, we bumped into each other, so I owe you, and you owe me. So lets think of this as an apology from both of us."

Layla looked at Ray and smiled. "Meet me at Charlie's." she said, Ray nodded, and walked off. Caleb released Ray, and he went back to normal. "I hate you Caleb." Ray said. "Same here punk ass!" He replied. "I'll be back later. Don't forget that flight." With that, he faded away.

Ray left the mall to go see Layla at Charlie's. Charlie's was a popular bar that almost everybody went to. He parked his car, and went to stand in line. The line stretched all the way outside of the bar.

"Fancy seeing you hear." Layla joked. Ray turned, and grinned at her.

"Yeah. I didnt think the line would be this long." he chuckled.

"Well, how about we check out another place."

"How about mine?" Ray suggested. Layla looked at him confusingly. "Uh.....you sure?" she asked.

"Positive."

He lead Layla to his car. He knew what he was doing, Caleb taught him well. And he didnt want Anthony to come back and bother him.

"What about my car?" Layla asked. She was a little worried. She'd just met Ray, and now she was going to his house.

"I'll bring you back to get it. No worries."

They pulled up into Ray's driveway. He helped Layla out of the passanger's seat, and went into the house. "Nice place." she said. "Thanks. I bought it myself, with my grandmother's help."

Layla walked around looking at everything, and came across his grandmother's picture. "Is this her?" she asked. Ray looked at the picture, and smiled. "Yeah. She went to South Carolina, when I was 18."

"How old are you now?"

"21. I've been living on my own for a second."

"Mom and Dad?"

"I don't even know their names." he said.

Ray never knew his parents. All he had was his grandma, granddad, Kiara, and his younger brother. His grandmother left, his granddad passed away, and never liked him. His younger brother went off to be a rapper, and doesn't keep in touch.

"All I have is my best friend Kiara." he said.

"I'm sorry Ray." she said sympathetically.

"Don't be. I'm fine."

"ENOUGH WITH THE SOFT SHIT!" Caleb yelled. "Oh! I forgot! I'M BACK!"

Ray ran into the bathroom to call Kiara. The phone rang three times before she answered.

"Hello?"

"Help me! Caleb is ba-.."

Ray started coughing, and developing his excruciating pain back, and his eyes rolled to the back of his head. His eyes turned Gray. This wasn't Caleb. Caleb had nothing to do with this. When Ray's eyes changed, this mean't he was mad at something, and wanted to take his anger out. This was his Emotional Problem. This would happen when he felt he was being forced to do stuff by Caleb, but he wasn't.. It was stressful, so Ray got angry.

"Ray!" Kiara yelled. He threw his phone to the wall, and walked out to what he wanted.

LAYLA.

Caleb really has nothing to do with his reputation. He's just a voice in Ray's head, that plays with him. Ray takes it upon himself to do what Caleb says, But Caleb doesn't mean for it to go as far as Ray takes it. Think of Caleb, as a sensitive bully.

"Ray! Stop! Don't do what you did the last few times! I'm sorry! CALM DOWN!" Caleb cried.

Ray didn't listen.

"Bro chill! I said I was sorry! STOP!"

Ray picked up a bottle, and slammed it against Layla's head. Repeatedly.

"RAYAN! CALM THE FUCK DOWN! I SWEAR I WONT MESS WITH YOU AGAIN." Caleb yelled.

Ray grabbed his stuff, and carried Layla's unconscious body in his car.

"Dammit I wish I was a real person." Caleb cried.