Chapter 9

For the next few days, Alexis and Ray did nothing but catch up. Reminiscing on high school, and planning on what they might peruse in the future.

"So, what have you done since we split?" Alexis asked him. They were eating their lunch in his room, watching tv.

"I've been working. Well, half working. They fired me though. Other than that, looking for you, and chilling around with my friend Kiara."

"Ooh...Kiara." Alexis joked,"Girlfriend material?"

Ray shook his head."Nah, I don't think she could keep up with me. I do a lot."

They both laughed.
"What have you done?"

"Uh..I-.." Alexis paused. She wanted to come off straight forward about how she parties, but she also wanted to say she went to school. But she didn't want to start their mended friendship out with lies. She could never live it down.

"I just make a way to pay bills ya'know? Doing what's possible."

"Oh, so you're working?" He retorted.

"Yeah. I mean, it's a grocery store, but something is better than nothing."

After their lunch, Ray felt as if the whole searching for her had payed off. They walked into the cafeteria to put their plates away.

"Hey." Ray said. "Do you wanna go somewhere on recreation day? Out somewhere?"

"Maybe. Don't we have to ask?"

"Never mind."

They walked back into Ray's room and sat on the bed. Ray scooted close to her, and put his arm around her. He was starting to develop his crush for her again.

"Tell me more." Alexis said. "Tell me about Ray the actual person. Not Ray the suicide guy."

Ray chuckled."There isn't much."

"It's gotta be." Alexis said, while adjusting herself in his arm. She was not slightly laying on his chest. "Tell me about your family."

"You already know. You should."

"I forgot." She replied.

"Ok. First off, My grandad never liked me, but he's dead so it doesn't even matter foreal. So fuck em'. My grandma left me hear so she can move with her sisters. I don't know my parents. My brother left to be a rapper. If he wouldn't have I'd be raisi-."

Ray was cut off by a knock on the door. "Hold up." He said, and made his way to the door.

He opened it, and a obituary was handed to him.

"What's this?" He asked. He looked at the obituary and saw a women on the front.

"Samari Franklin? Who is this?"He asked.

"That was sent here from one of your relatives. Something about a sister." They guy informed.

"Sister? I don't have a sister."

"Well, I guess you did. Sorry for your loss." And he walked away.

Alright. I haven't been writing because I'm over this but I see I had chapter 9 but never published it so here you go. Enjoy