Chapter 7

"Uh....you haven't really missed anything, so just have a seat. We were talking about suicide." Karla replied. Alexis walked over to the circle, and took the empty seat next to Ray. He looked over to her.

"Hi." He said.

"Wassup." She replied.

"Ok!" Karla announced. "Name & Bio please?"

Alexis stood up, and held her arms behind her back.

"I'm Alexis. I'm 20, and, I've been sorta dealing with depression. I have tried to kill myself a few times. I also have a drinking problem. I turn to alcohol when I feel alone." Alexis sat down, and Ray turned to her again.

"If you would've stayed around me, you wouldn't have those problems, and I wouldn't have the problems I have." He said under his breath.

"Excuse me?" Alexis asked

"Nothing."

"Alright, you can take a seat." Karla said. "Now since they are extending time today, Rayan, we can have you talk on this girl you're looking for."

"She's sitting beside me." He said. He shook his leg in nervousness & frustration. Alexis shot her head towards him, with a puzzling look.

"Okay." Karla said. "Continue."

"When we were in high school, we were the best of friends. And she betrayed, and left me." He said. "And for about a year I thought it was my fault, and that I had did something, when it was just her."

Alexis' memory was coming back. She knew that all these problems didn't just come from no where.

"Alexis." Karla spoke."Anything you wanna say?"

Alexis stood up, and held Ray in her arms. He instantly broke down.

"I'm so sorry." She croaked. "You didn't deserve that. I'm truly sorry Ray."

He wiped his face, as the whole circle clapped. "Congrats to a repaired friendship." Cortez cheered.

Through the rest of group, Alexis & Ray sat pretty close. Chairs touching, and his arm wrapped around her shoulders.

Alexis felt as if her problems had been solved. And that Ray was the answer to her pain this whole time.

SOUTH CAROLINA.

"Yes sir. Rayan Franklin. Lives in Willow Creek condominiums in Florida." Layla spoke. She was filing a police report. She'd flew out from Canada, and was now at a hotel.

"What part of Florida ma?" The officer asked. The guy she was speaking to wasn't really "professional"

"Tampa."

"Aight, where you at now Ma?"

"South Carolina..duh."

"Okay nie. He a darkish male, long hair, possibly 5'9, Go by Raymon Fridget?" The guy asked.

"Rayan Franklin, sir."

"Oh! Shit, my bad. Rayan Franklin."

"Yes."

"Ok, describe what he did to ya' again?"

"He took me to Canada, and raped me. Basically Kidnapped me."

There was awkward silence between the lines, until he finally spoke. "Um...Ma lemme tell ya' sum."

"Yes."

"Since the crime was committed outside of America, we can't really do nun' bout' it. All we can do is put warnings out, we can't arrest him."

"Well ok then."

"Yea, you atleast want da' warnins' then?"

"No, don't worry about it." She said.

"Aight, you have a nice day ma."

Layla hung the phone up, she was beyond pissed.