Chapter 5

Layla woke up the next morning shocked and afraid. She barely knew where she was, and she was alone.

"Ray!" She yelled. He was no where to be found. Ray had left her,in Canada, all alone. With no way to get back home.

"Ray where the hell are you!?" She screamed. She got up to put some clothes on, and left the hotel, searching for Rayan. She went to the front desk to ask if they'd seen him.

"Excuse me, have you seen a guy, almost dark skinned, long puffy hair, about 5'9?" she asked.

"No ma'am I haven't." the guy said.

"Ugh!" she groaned.

Bad enough he raped me, now I can't find him. She thought.

She went out of the doors, and decided to walk around looking for him.

"Rayan!" she yelled."Where are you?"

She didn't want to walk far, she still wanted to be able to get back to the hotel. Even though she wouldn't be staying there for long.

Rayan....

Ray was sitting at home. Regretting what he just did. He does this every time. He does something bad, then turns around and regrets it.

I'm a monster. He thought

I don't deserve to live. Not like this.

I should die.

Rayan gets suicidal thoughts all the time. He feels like he messes up everything good in his life.

He went to the kitchen, and grabbed his phone, and knife.

He texted a red heart, and knife emoticons to Kiara. Every time he thinks about suicide he texts the same thing to her. He's done it so much, he lost count.

He got some water, and took some pain killer. Then he went into the bathroom.

He poured the water over his arm, and started to cut himself. He let out a sigh, and bit his lip at the pain. And sat on the floor.

Its a good thing Kiara lives close.

She unlocked the door as quickly as she could, and entered the house.

"Ray!" she yelled. "If you can hear me, tell me where you are!"

"I'm in the bathroom." she heard faintly.

She ran in and saw Ray laid out on the floor. She looked at his wrist. She could tell that he hit a vein.

"Damnit Ray!" she said.

She got a towel and wrapped his wrist, and took him to her car.

3 hours later, Kiara was still waiting in the hospital. Waiting on what the doctors had to say about Ray.

She saw a girl that she knew sitting across from her.

"Alexis Pierce?" A doctor asked. The girl got up, and went towards the doctor.

That's her. She thought

That's the girl Ray wants to find.

"Who's here for Rayan Lopez?" The nurse asked. Kiara raised her hand, and the nurse walked to her.

"I wanted to tell you that he is ok. The doctor has put him on anti-depressions."

"Ok."

"And, he's going to have to go to our rehabilitation center. Just so we can stop his suicidal thoughts. His chart shows that this wasn't the first time he's attempted to kill himself."

"Uh..Ray has been to multiple centers, had all types of therapy. But I'm afraid it won't work." Alexis said.

"Well, we'll see." she replied."But you can come see him."

Kiara followed the nurse to Ray's room. When she walked in, his eyes were barely open, and he was pale.

"I'll leave you two for privacy. If anything goes wrong, ring the buzzer."

"Yes ma'am."

Kiara walked over to Ray. He slightly turned his face to her.

"You alright?"

"I'm,ok." he said. His voice was raspy, and faint. You could barely hear him. Kiara teared up just at the sight of him.

"Don't cry." he said.

"I have to Ray. Why do you keep trying to kill yourself?" she cried. "What's wrong?"

"I can't tell you." he said.

"But I'm your best friend."

"I know, And I care for you. But I can't....."

"Ray. I wanna get to the bottom of this." she cried."Is it the voice?"

"No."

"Is it that Emotional shit you have?"

"Yea.......I think s-....."

The machine cut off. He flat lined.

"Ray!" she said. She shook him, but he wouldn't respond.

"RAY!!!" She yelled. She ran to the buzzer.

"Yes?" the person asked.

"HELP!! THE MACHINE CUT OFF! HE WON'T ANSWER ME! HE'S NOT RESPONDING TO ANYTHING!" Kiara yelled.

"The doctor will be in right away!" he said.

Kiara went by Ray, and held his hand.

The doctors came in, and rushed to him. "Is he gonna be ok?" she asked.

"We don't know yet. We have to take him into E.R."

They started to wheel him out of the room. "No!!" she yelled. "Don't take him away from me!"

"Ma'am calm down." The nurse told her.

"No!" she yelled."He might die without me!"

The nurse held Kiara, and tried to calm her down. "Shh,He's gonna be fine."

"You promise?"

"Yes sweetheart, I promise."