《17》

Taehyung wakes up, and he's in the hospital. The bright lights blind him as he scrambles around for his best friend, Jimin. He relaxes once he spots him, waiting, in the corner of the room, next to someone he can only assume is Daehwi.

Wait. What the fuck?

'Is this the same Daehwi?' Taehyung ponders to himself, wondering if this really was the same Daehwi who beat him up all those days ago, just because he was gay. The same Lee Daehwi who spit swear words at him for breathing in the same area as him because he was gay, was now waiting for him in the hospital as he struggled to breathe? Something didn't add up.

Deep inside, Taehyung thinks Jimin told him to, but then again, Jimin can't really speak to them, so that's crossed off immediately. Taehyung sighs as he looks over at the doctor, who's named Lim Sejun.

Sejun notices that Taehyung's awake, watching silently as Taehyung stirs in the bed he's been put in. "Ah, Taehyung! You're awake. Wasn't that hard, was it? I'm glad it worked, you're free to go now. Uh, what's your name? You just need to sign this," Sejun smiles at Daehwi, who takes the clipboard with a huff.

Not expecting his voice to be a whisper, Taehyung croaks out, "Why am I here?"

Sejun looks at him, as he accepts the clipboard back off Daehwi. He fiddles with the pen, ignoring the noise it makes as it hits it, and he bites his lip, looking at Daehwi. "Told you."

"Yeah, and why's he, of all people, here?" Taehyung doesn't even realise how rude that sounds until it's left his mouth.

"Shut up, if I weren't there, you'd be dead now."

Mouth hung open, Taehyung looks at Sejun, who nods. "It's true. He found you, apparently, on the side of the road. You looked beat up, according to Mr.Lee over here."

Daehwi, hearing the formal use of his name, sighs. "My name's Daehwi." He mutters under his breath, yet Sejun doesn't hear him. 

"But you could have asked Jimin to bring me here, he's always-"

Sejun clicks his fingers. "Right, that's partly why you're here. You see, Taehyung, we need you to take these pills. They'll let everyone realise that Jimin's real. They're special pills that strengthen the brain's power."

Still feeling sceptical, Taehyung eyes the doctor, then looks at Jimin. "I don't trust him."

Confused, Daehwi looks at Sejun, "Who's he talking to?" Sejun shakes his head, refusing to answer.

Taehyung ponders for a moment, trying to figure out whether or not the offer is worth it. He casts his gaze upon Sejun, and says, "So, if I take these, Jimin will be able to stand up to Daehwi and his crew when they beat me up?"

With a gasp, Sejun proclaims, "You what? No wonder you were surprised when you saw him. Daehwi, is this true?"

"Not at all! It's not I, it's my friends, they do it. Truth be told, I don't mind Taehyung anymore. It's those awful scums like Jisung and Jaehwan."

Sejun coughed. "You lads can be on your way now."

________________________________

Once Taehyung arrived at school, he and Jimin had agreed that he was to ignore everyone in Daehwi's group, apart from Daehwi, in the hopes that they'd stop. Deep down, although he knew that it was highly unlikely to happen, he hoped that he and Daehwi would end up being friends.

Taehyung grasped onto his pills from inside his pocket that Sejun gave him. Under the table, he unscrewed the lid, silently hoping nobody noticed what he was doing. Luckily, nobody did. Apart from one person. Jimin.