Chapter 1

Chapter One

* Picture of Whisper on the Side *

So here I am sitting between this really perverted smelly guy and this little old lady that keeps asking me to look at pictures of her grandchildren. I’ve told her that I’ve seen the pictures twenty times already! And that was before the plane had even taken off!  The smelly guy didn’t really help my irritation because he kept staring down my shirt whenever I stretched. Every time I would look over he would get all red and turn away. I was about to stretch my restless legs again whenever I saw him glance over.

            “Hey! My eyes are up here buddy! Let them wander again and you might not be able to see for the rest of your life, you perverted freak!” I snapped.

 My eyes probably darkened a shade, my wolf threatening to take over. I couldn’t shift in front of these humans. It would just expose our race and that would be a very big problem. The last time anyone heard of that happening, the guy’s entire family got sent away. To this day, no one knows where they are and no one is in a hurry to find out.

            The old lady finally shut her trap and the smelly guy’s face became red. The old lady was mumbling something about no more respect for the elderly. The smelly guy stood up because he now apparently had to use the bathroom. I huffed. People these days! It didn’t help that my wolf is already angry about having to move. My entire family consisting of my Mom, Dad, and Grandma wanted to see what life is like outside of Ohio.  So without even consulting me, they decide to move to California!

I was not the least bit happy. I had been on the verge of starting my senior year and even becoming captain of the dance team at my old school. I don’t want to make new friends and I sure as heck don’t want to join another pack! My pack, the Crescent Moons, is so freaking awesome! Everyone is laid back and chill plus the Alpha is my best friend and boyfriend. Mate? Ha, I wish.

His name is Jared and he lost his mate during a fire. Her name was Melody. Everyone mourned for a while, but as weeks passed everything eventually turned back to normal. At least twice a year we always take the time to plant hundreds of flowers near her grave to honor her. She was an awesome Luna, before the fire stole her away from us.

I know what you’re thinking. If Jared had a mate, why aren’t I with my own? To be honest, I haven’t come close to finding my true mate. No one in my pack is my mate. Everyone thinks I’m going to be one of the rare cases, mate-less. So no one is bothered about me and Jared being together. So far it has been hard being away from him. I pull out my iPhone out to scroll through my messages. I had one from him. A smile eased its way onto my face as I opened it up.

I miss you already and I can’t wait to visit you :].                               

I can imagine him sitting there pouting, rereading the message over again and again before sending it. He has a habit of checking his messages over at least twice before sending them out. Me? I just type whatever I’m feeling at the moment.

 I was adjusting my leather jacket whenever the smelly dude came back. His stench hit me like a ton of bricks. My wolf was getting agitated, we both were. I rolled my eyes; I was already starting to hate California. I took my iPod out of my pocket about to play my playlist when the flight attendant spoke.

“Ladies and gentleman, the plane will land in the next thirty minutes. If you have to use the bathroom please go now. When down to the last ten minutes no one will be allowed up for any reason, unless it is an absolute emergency. We hope you’ve enjoyed your flight with One Way Airlines. Please fly with us again.”

I rewind my earphones back around my iPod. I should go while I have my chance. I pass my family on the way, walking towards the back of the plane where the bathrooms are. I was halfway there when I caught the scent of two other wolves. Two mated ones, at that. I sniffed around until I saw them. They were looking into each other’s eyes so lovingly. I couldn’t help but to smile. My own wolf whimpered. Even though we could possibly be a rare case of a mate-less wolf, we wanted to experience what the real thing was like. You would truly be mate-less once you turned nineteen and still hadn’t found them. I was glad that I was just seventeen. I had another two good years.