Chapter 20

I couldn't take it anymore. I just wanted to run away from there but I knew it wouldn't help.
In a fist of anger, I pulled out the mirror and threw it on the floor.

There was broken glass everywhere.
I noticed that there was a small cabinet on the wall, through the support of which the mirror was​ hung.

I found it strange but then everything happening to me ever since I entered the hotel was peculiar.

I didn't know what that cabinet had in store for me but I wanted to open it and see what's inside.
I opened it , my hands shaking all the time.
To my surprise there was nothing scary in there.
Just two dusty dolls, a hairbrush and a diary.

I didn't know whom did they belong to and why were they left there.
I took them out.

Those toys and hairbrush were of no use but I wanted to open that diary.

I sat on the bed, thinking about what the consequences might be once I start reading it.
I had to put a brave front and doing the same I opened that diary.

Obviously I had no idea whose handwriting that was, but I was expecting a name to be written somewhere.
I flipped through the pages, it was like a personal diary.
On each date the events of the day were written.

I started reading the first page.

I had an amazing day today. I went out with Justin and Angelica for lunch and it was great fun. Though I wish Fred was there as well but he was busy....

Angelica? This could be Derek's diary but he wouldn't miss Fred.
I have no idea who Justin is but I'm pretty sure about the owner of this diary. It was Elise.