Chapter 25

Buried under this hotel?
How and why?
Neither of me or Fred had lived in Arizona ever.

"Fred. Why did you bury Josh in Arizona? Have you been here before?" I asked.

"No Elsa. A friend of mine settled this for me. I just gave him the money," he said.

I would have been shocked at his words but then I killed Angelica and buried her too.
Did we deserve this?
But it was unintentional and purely out of self defence.
But the question is, how do we stop it?

"Fred, you said that leaving this hotel wouldn't help us then what should we do.
And I still don't know why Angelica is here. She didn't die in this hotel. Neither was she buried here."

"That's what I am thinking. She could have followed you just after you killed her. Then why here?", he said with a confused look.

We both stood there, lost in our thoughts, just when the lights started flickering.

"What's happening?" I said out loud.

Soon the floor beneath us began to tremor and everything started falling or moving from its place.

I couldn't maintain my balance and fell down.
I looked up at Fred who was standing still, not bothered by all that was happening.

"Fred?" I screamed.
He was standing with his eyes closed.

I tried to stand up but it seemed that I was stuck to the ground.

"Fred help me!" I screamed again.

He finally opened his eyes. They were pitch black and full of vengeance.
Vengeance against whom?
"Fred?"

He started laughing.
"Guess who..Elsa?"