Chapter.4-You got an enemy in me

"You got a friend in me"-Randy Newman

Mathew faced his second day of senior year sporting a black eye and a not so happy expression, which was to be expected after experiencing a near death situation with a fuming Maia. In her defense,she got provoked. She also claims she still hadn't eaten her 8:00am snack,which was vital if you don't want to face a hangry Maia.

As Mathew entered school,side by side with Noah and Sean,he began his post classes "I hate Maia" ramble;a painful routine his friends,not so willingly,had to get used to.

"I still don't understand how you guys can talk to...to that disgusting skunk/pig hybrid" Mathew started.

"Seriously?Skunk/pig hybrid? Sean questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"What? Maia and I hate each other so is basically a must to have an organized system of insults" Mathew answered. "My insults consist of animal names cause clearly she ain't human while Maia's insults consist of fancy ass words. It doesn't take a genius to point out who has the upper hand here"Mathew finished, pointing to himself.

"I ain't gonna lie to you Mathew, you and Maia are destined to end up together" Sean deadpanned.

"NO,NO,NO why would you say that?! Mathew shouted, turning around to head back to the parking lot.

In this group of friends everyone had some special characteristic that identified them and Sean was no different. Sean was basically a psychic;once he says something bound to happen he's automatically predicting; hence why Mathew started screaming and running like a maniac.

Moments later Mathew appeared with a big ass dreamcatcher locked around his neck...nothing out of the ordinary,really.

"Can you please explain,in a reasonable way, of course,why the fuck do you have that thing on?" Sean asked,clearly tired of the nonsense.

"Of course I can, you demon child"Mathew said,referring to Sean by the nickname he came up with years ago when he first found about Sean's predicting abilities.

"You see, seeing as you couldn't shut your diabolical mouth and prevent it from spitting out such a horrible prediction,I decided to act against it"Mathew explained. "Ending up with Maia can only be described as a nightmare so behold my protection" Mathew finished modeling his not so traditional necklace.

"Are you planning to wear that everyday?"Sean asked.

"Your predictions never fail,and I'm not taking any chances...so yes" Mathew answered.

Fast forward a few minutes and you've got a very pissed off Mathew sitting in front of Maia during first period. Why would Mathew would choose to sit in front of his enemy?

It definitely wasn't by choice, while Mathew was too caught up searching for his dreamcatcher everyone had already chosen their seats and the remaining seat was right in front of none other than Maia.

The fact that Mathew and Maia had to sit close to each other was enough, but there was a tiny little fact that could make matters even worse.

Maia was completely and utterly bored.

Everyone knew that a bored Maia was just as dangerous as an angry and hungry Maia. Why is that? Because being bored to Maia is the equivalent of "I'm going to annoy the fuck out of you".