Chapter Twenty-One

wow okay i was not expecting to upload at all, but i just started writing this chapter and didn't stop. I apologise beforehand for any mistakes, as I said I just didn't stop, so it's probably a bit rubish :( Still! It's done!

Please enjoy:

Chapter Twenty-One:

As I heard his voice I whipped around to face him, not trusting him when I didn’t have eyes on him.

“I told you, we,” He gestured between the two of us. “Need to talk.”  He said.

I clenched my jaw, shaking my head at him; my eyes flashed to me right to a very confused Chelsea. Wetting my lips I looked at Jake again, shaking my head. “No we really don’t.” I said forcefully.

Jake’s eyes hardened at the rude note in my voice. “Well if you don’t want to talk,” he said a smug smile flashing over his features. “I guess I can find someone else to talk to about what I saw that night.” He suggested. “Jayden maybe?” He asked, as if he knew he was my weak spot. I felt my heart lurch.

I stiffened all over. “What?” Chelsea asked. “Kayleigh, is this guy bothering you?” She asked.

Jake leant back, crossing his arms over his chest. “Yeah Kayleigh, am I bothering you?” He mimicked her question in a challenging tone.

I tightened my hands into fists, feeling hopelessness bubble in my chest. My eyes went over Jake’s shoulder, a small bubble of hope bursting in my chest when I realised Jayden wasn’t there.

I inwardly scolded myself for wanting him to be.

Sighing, I turned to Chelsea and shook my head. “No. He’s not bothering me.” I said reluctantly. The smug expression on Jake’s face made my insides tighten.

Chelsea didn’t look all that convinced, but one look to the clock telling her she was going to be late was enough to convince her she needed to leave. “I’ll see you later?” She asked me hesitantly.

I nodded my head silently. “Yeah sure.” I answered.

She nodded, leaving the room taking a glance back as she reached the door before leaving.

I tightened my muscles. Why did this feel like such a life and death situation?

Tilting my head up, and stiffening my chin I looked him dead in the eye. “Don’t you have a lesson too?” I asked him, hoping he would suddenly realise he had to rush away too.

He smirked at me. “If you think I’m concerned about things like attendance, you’re thinking of the wrong cousin.” He said leaning in closer.

I held in the wave of nausea I felt as he did so. “Were you actually going to talk, or were you planning on just standing there, staring at me?” I asked tightly, trying to subtly put more distance between us.

Despite my attempts at hurrying the conversation to a close, or even to a start, he didn’t say anything for a long while.

“I saw your house.” He said eventually.

I narrowed my eyes at him. “It’s not exactly invisible.” I shot.

A smirk tilted up the edges of his lips. I scowled at him.

“I know it’s not invisible.” He said calmly.

I tightened my jaw. “Then I really don’t see what it is you want to talk to me about.” I lied, my eyes flickering over to the door, wondering if this was a good chance to just leave.