Chapter Twenty-Nine

Welly-welly-wellingtons! Guess who updated earlier than promised!

IT'S THE LAST CHAPTER GUYS! (so yeah it's not for much except for tying off some loose ends but I still hope you enjoy!)

Again any mistakes you guys see, it's be helpful to have them pointed out <3<3<3

But mostly ENJOY:

Chapter Twenty-Nine:

I stifled a yawn inside the crook of my elbow, feeling my eyes about to droop shut. You’d think a person who had spent two weeks in a coma would be the last person to feel tired – but I guess that’s just the effect maths had on people.

I would say that the two weeks lost had set me back enough that my head was swimming, and had me struggling to keep up with all the new knowledge everyone had gained without me, but it wasn’t true. I’d never understood maths in the first place.

I was just as equally lost as I had always been.

The only difference was that the teachers were a lot nicer to me. Scratch that, everyone was a lot nicer to me.

Sympathy was thrown at me from every direction ever since people had found out about my father’s arrest.

Sure there was some investigation going on, but my father had confessed – even gone as far as to brag about what had happened. Jayden and shockingly my grumpiest neighbour, Gordon Smith, were both witnesses, and on top of that the doctors had taken several pictures of my multitude of scars (much to my displeasure) for evidence too.

I wanted to feel something about the fact he was going to prison, but the most emotion I could muster up was a slight relief.

Maybe I should feel bad for that, but I didn’t.

He hurt Jayden.

Thinking about it made my stomach sink. Not long before I’d woken up apparently Jayden had been – in the words of Jake Parker – ‘sporting one hell of a shiner’.

My insides turned thinking about it.

If he had gotten any worse I don’t think there’d be a chance I would ever stop hating my father.

I stared bleary eyed at the white board full of meaningless equations. School had somehow become a lot worse than it used to be – which I hadn’t thought to be possible.

I was suddenly the centre of attention, and the hot topic of conversation. More and more people wanted to talk to me, to hear my side of the story, and it had been hell.

My skin constantly itched with the feeling of being watched.

But my unchanged standoffish behaviour coupled with Jayden’s protectiveness managed to keep the worst away.

Eventually the attention would die away.

Though Jake had been no help in keeping that optimistic hope alive. He had basically told me that this kind of attention was exactly why he had moved away from his old home.

A part of me however was grateful that he was still the annoying person he had been to me before the incident. It was something a lot of people were struggling with, most of all Chelsea – who about burst into tears every time I said so much as a friendly ‘hello’ to her.

During one of her crying sessions she had made a blubbery confession that she knew one of the people that had written one of the notes that had ended up on m locker. She then continued to apologise for not stopping them a million times a second for the next hour and a half.