Chapter 10

I looked at the clock on the dresser and saw it was only 2am, there was no way i was sleeping tonight... all i kept thinking about was coming face to face with Sentinel Services again... all those memories flooding back..... i carefully got up trying not to wake John, he was sleeping like a baby.
I bent down and picked up Johns t-shirt from the floor and pulled it on, then walked over to my dresser and grabbed a pair of shorts that disappeared underneath his t-shirt and quietly left the room.

I went to the kitchen and made a hot drink, as i turned round to leave Marcos was stood behind me and made jump.
"Jesus!" I said holding my hand to my heart.
"No its just me" he said with a small smile and i chuckled.
"Sorry, you just startled me, i didn't think anyone else would be up"
"Couldn't sleep" he shrugged "what about you?"
"Same" i nodded "guess I'm a little anxious about coming face to face with my captors"
"You could stay here..."
"No!! Im coming with you! Im not sitting this out..... I'm not going to hide Marcos.
I will fight for Lorna"
"Okay, i just meant that if you felt like you had to do this because of me..."
"We've all got to stick together right?" I said with a smile.
"Right, I'm sorry if i was a bit off earlier with John.... things with the cartel were pretty rough"
"We thought as much, I'm guessing dealing with your ex wasn't easy"
"Carmen was never easy" he looked at me with wide eyes shaking his head at the memory.
"When is dealing with any woman easy huh?" I joked, he looked at me and laughed a little "Johns lucky to have you Hayley, he seems happier with you around"
"You think?"
"Definitely"
"I guess i should go try and get some sleep, we've got a big day ahead"
"Yeah..... goodnight Hayley"
"Goodnight" i smiled before having a slow walk back to my room, i drank my hot chocolate on the way. When i got to my room I carefully and silently opened the bedroom door and slid back inside closing it behind me. John was still sleeping, i gently climbed back in to bed and cuddled up to him...... i laid my head on his chest and wrapped my arm over him, his arm instantly tightened on me "where did you go?" He asked still sounding half asleep.
"Just went to get a drink, go back to sleep" i said pressing a quick kiss to his lips before moving my head back to his chest "You taste like chocolate" he mumbled making me chuckle, seconds later he was letting out soft snores again. I wish i could sleep.... i was so tired but sleep wouldn't come.... just the memories of my time with Sentinel Services!

"John wake up we have to go" i said coming back into the bedroom after taking a shower and getting dressed.
"Okay" he said stretching, he was laying naked in my bed with just his waist covered. He opened his eyes and saw i was already dressed and looked concerned "why are you already dressed??"
"I couldn't sleep" i shrugged casually
"Did you get any sleep at all last night?"
"I....no" i shook my head and nervously twisted my fingers, i couldn't bring myself to look at him.
"Babe, come here" he held out a hand towards me "we need to get ready John..."
"Come here, please"
I took his hand and he pulled me on the bed and wrapped his arms around me "you wanna tell me what this about?" He asked looking me in the eye "your trembling again"
"Just.... bad memories" i shrugged
"What happened to you when they had you all that time??"
"I cant talk about it now.... i need to try and keep a clear head" i replied, he looked disappointed that i wouldn't tell him "if we make it back from this i'll tell you tonight, okay?"
"Okay, you promise?"
"Promise" i leant forward and kissed him "now as much as i enjoy my view" i said looking at his beautiful naked body in front of me "you need to get ready".
"Okay" he smirked throwing the covers back and getting out of bed, he walked around my room completely naked picking up his clothes, i saw the cheeky looks he gave me as he did this.
"Your such a tease!" I laughed at him
"What?? Im just getting ready.... you don't want me leaving your room like this do you?" He looked down at himself proudly "cocky much?" I asked
"Very!" He laughed
"Oh my god" i covered my face and burst out in laughter.
"Better??" He said making me look at him, he was back in his jeans now.
"Yes, but only because I'm the only one that gets to see the goods now" i walked over and kissed him.
"I love you" he said looking down at me.
Hearing him say that made my stomach turn to butterflies.
"I love you" i told him meaning it more than id ever meant it before.