Chapter 17

"What?? No! Im not leaving you here! Your coming home with us" John yelled at me, i shook my head and stepped back from him "What if I'm putting everyone in danger being there?"
"Your not! Hayley your worrying over nothing..... they couldn't turn you, you told me that yourself.... sure they tried, but it didn't work"
"How do you know?"
"Because i know you, you'd never do anything to hurt the people you love. Which is why your coming home with me!"
"Johnny..."
"Please, your my family.... you and the baby.....you cant leave me"
I walked forward closing the gap between us and wrapped my arms around him tightly.
"Take me home" i whispered close to his ear, i felt his body relax against mine as he pulled me closer and i heard his sigh of relief.... he was truly scared of loosing me. The guy who always acted so tough and unbreakable did have a weakness.... me, and now the baby currently growing inside me.
"Lets go" he kissed my forehead and took my hand leading me back to the car.

The car journey back was silent, Clarice was cuddled up to Derek in the back seat silently crying all the way back.
"Take her to her room, maybe you could stay with her for a while?" I said to Derek when we got out the car at headquarters, he nodded before going round to Clarice's side of the car and putting an arm round her as they walked inside.
"They seem to be hitting it off" John said putting his arms around me from behind and resting his chin on my shoulder.
"Yeah, their cute together"
"He watches her every move" John stated "like i do with you, i think its the real deal with them"
"You watch my every move?" I looked round at him raising an eyebrow in question, i swear i saw him blush!
"Yeah, sometimes i don't even realise I'm doing it.... but as soon as i see you, i cant keep my eyes off you. Even in a room full of people my eyes always find you"
"Stalker much" i chuckled
"Hey!" He laughed "i just.... your my world Hayley, everything is just better when your around me".
I chuckled shaking my head at what he what saying "you think thats funny?" He said with a hint of hurt in his voice. I turned in his arms so i was facing him "no its not funny, its just.... i said the same thing to Clarice when were at the cabin"
"You did?"
"Yeah. Even though i was so pissed at you about the kiss.... i still wanted you there, because everything seemed better when you were with me"
John's hand cupped the back of my neck and pulled me closer so he could kiss me.
I finally had to break away to catch my breath, i looked up into his beautiful brown eyes.... he was it for me... i never wanted to be away from John ever again.
"I love you so much, you know that right?" I asked him, he nodded and gave me the most beautiful smile.
"I do, because i love you just as much"
"Thats not possible"
"Oh i think it is" he smiled before kissing me again "lets go check in with the team and then we can go to bed".

When we walked in i spotted Lorna pacing near the vault "I'm just gonna go check on Lorna, i'll meet you in a minute"
"Okay" John nodded and headed to the command room.
"Hey, whats up?" I asked my friend as i walked over.
"Marcos never went to Marietta to get supplies!" She told me and she was pissed!
"How do you know?"
"He wasn't back so i called them to make sure he got there okay.... the guy on the phone told me they haven't had supplies in weeks.... and they hadn't seen anyone all day. He lied to us. Didn't go. He wasnt answering his phone so I searched our room and found his Santa Muerte medallion was gone"
"What is that?"
"Patron saint of death. Big with the cartels, he used to wear it for luck when he did that kind of work"
Oh crap! Was he caught up in the Cartel after getting them to help get Lorna and Reed back??
"So what did you do?"
"Sonia and I went over there looking for Marcos" she shrugged casually.
"And?"
"Sonia got some information off the guards and we found out where they were.... he was working a job with them Hayley.... he was enjoying it!! And Carmen was all over him....."
"Lorna, talk to him before you get mad.... trust me, there might be a genuine reason for this"
"That he's with his ex??!"
"Look what happened with me and John, i jumped to conclusions but it wasn't what i thought. Marcos is crazy about you Lorn, he wouldn't go back to her. Promise me you'll talk to him before you make any decisions, let him explain"
It wasn't my place to tell her what Marcos did in order to get the information we needed to rescue her and Reed, and in truth i didn't know the full details.....but i had to try and help him out a bit.
"Okay, i'll hear him out" she nodded but i wasnt sure if that was true or not.