Chapter 5

Ajax POV:
Sixx and I watched River drag Add into Victoria's Secret, Add trying to throw her weight away from River.
My wolf whined, he's been doing that ever since I started using Add's name.
Wrong one! Wrong one!

Wrong one of what, Wolfy? You keep saying wrong one, but wrong one of what?!
My wolf kept silent and I huffed in anger at him.
I turned to Sixx and started a conversation about the recent basketball scores, which somehow ended up becoming a heated discussion on Kuroko no basket and how Aomine was a better player over Tetsu (which he isn't, they both just have different playing styles, which makes them equal), we stopped shortly once we felt a mixture of fear and dread rush from River right after we heard her growl.
My wolf was up instantly, thinking the worst.

Have the staff touched Add? Did Add injure themselves?

Why are you using them? Add's a girl.

Stupid human.

Hey!

Sixx and I looked at each other and ran into the shop, quickly catching the girl's (growl from wolfy) scents and just catching the beginning of the conversation.

"You and the guys are the only ones I will look at in such a way. The reason I do not want to be in here is because I do not belong here- no! Listen to me for once, this is important," Add quickly shut River off as soon as her mouth opened.
"If I'm going to spend the rest of my life with you guys, I need to tell you something. I am not a girl. I am transgender and I use male pronouns. I've been openly transgender since I was 13, so I know what I am. I need you to understand and respect this, otherwise I don't think I can stay with you guys, as you are not doing what a mate is supposed to do, which is respect each other and learn what everyone loves and prefers. I've been trying to correct you all from the first time I hear female pronouns come out of everyone's mouths when I was having scrambled eggs,"

Add took a deep breath, her-his fingers tightening on River's shoulders.

"But every time I opened my mouth, you all spoke over me as though you weren't interested in what I was going to say,"

I felt terrible, Add has been feeling like this for so long? We have barley spoken, but I feel like such a huge dick for making assumptions straight away, I should have noticed the tight bra thing or the masculine appeared and asked, oh no.

"To be honest, I don't feel like a mate to you all, I just feel like I'm there because I am, and I don't like it, I don't like it one bit. So please, please, respect my pronouns and what I am."

I could feel remorse rolling off River, I could hear her thoughts as she was mentally beating herself up.

"I'm sorry," she started to say, the first of her tears starting to fall, when Add abruptly let go of River's shoulders and turned to run, passing us and out of the store.

River looked at Sixx and I and blubbered out,

"I was going to say I accept her- him for him. I w-wanted to apologise first, to say I didn't know I- I was pushing his thoughts and o- opinions away."

I quickly wrapped my arms around her and turned to Sixx, mentally telling him to go find Add. He nodded and sprinted off.
"It's OK River, once Sixx explains to Add, we'll do our best to listen to Add whenever. We're all at fault, for not listening."
Please Sixx... Find him...

Sixx POV:
I quickly left Victoria's Secret and sprinted after Add's scent, leading me to the closest male bathrooms. I slipped inside I listened for a moment.
A slight sniffle, followed by fast, gasp- like breaths and fast heart rate had me worried and banging on the door I knew Add was behind.

"Add, open the door, please!"

"S-S-Sixx, c-can't br-breathe." Add gasped.

"I know baby, I can hear, but I cannot help you if you keep the door locked, please unlock the door, I know you can do it." I pleaded, feeling my heart race and my wolf pacing anxiously.

After a few moments, I hear the click of a lock and I pushed in and grabbed Add, bringing us to the floor with him in my lap. As soon as Add felt me grip him, he did the same, tightly holding on to my biceps as he struggled to take in a breath.

"Oh Add, my poor little mate, I want you to follow my breathing, can you do that?"

"T-t-try." He gasped, his hold tightening. I quickly moved one of his hands to my own, my other hand softly stroking his forehead and hair.

"Ok, and breathe in... two... three... four... five... hold it for five..... and breathe out slowly... two... three for five. Well done! Let's do it again, breathe... two... three," I kept the breathing exercise up, stroking his hair as he followed my instructions carefully. After another three rounds of the exercise, I could hear Add's heartbeat start to return to normal, along with his breathing. I kept the exercise up for a few more times before I stopped and just held him tightly.

"I-I'm sorry you had to see me like this," Add whispered. "I just couldn't take River's answer."
As soon as he mentioned River, his heart rate picked up.
"Calm down Add, you didn't get the rest of River's sentence. She accepts you for you and she wanted to apologise first for not listening to you. To be honest, we all owe you an apology. I didn't realise how much of a dick I was, I was that excited we found our other mate, that I didn't even ask you anything about yourself. So from me, I just want to say how sorry I am, I hope you can forgive me and if you do, I will do my upmost to change myself to make sure you are as happy as possible."

After my apology, Add stood from my lap and changed so he had a knee on either side of my legs.

"Sixx, thank you for your apology, I am really grateful for it. But I don't want you to change, you're awesome as you are. The only thing I ask for is male pronouns and to treat me like the boy I am. If that is done, I don't think anything could change to make you any more perfect then you are.
"Aww, baby," I smile and bring Add into a tight hug. It took a moment, but Add returned it just as tight.

I held tight to him, trying to show him how sorry I was and how I will prove myself, and I think he understood as he tightened his grip on my shoulders.

After a good while of just sitting there, hugging, I felt Add's arms loosen, signalling me it's the end of the hug.
I held his shoulders tightly and gave him a wide smile.

"Why don't we go find River and Ajax and listen to River apologise profusely. I haven't seen it for while and I find it quite amusing."

Add smiled and took one of my hands, holding it tight as we left the bathroom happily.