Chapter 8

WARNING! THERE IS HOMOPHOBIC AND TRANSPHOBIC SLURS IN THIS CHAPTER! PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! 

I hadn't realised that was all in capitals... Ahh well, if you do continue reading, please enjoy the chapter :)

Add POV:

Well this is entertaining.

I thought as I stood outside my families temporary home with my mates on either side, River holding my left hand and Rowan holding my right with Michael in wolf form for furry support.
With a deep breath, I let go of River's hand and rang the bell, grabbing her hand again as I brought my hand back down.
We heard shuffling inside and the lock clicking, before the door swung open and I came face to face with my dad.
He smiled.
"Lovely to see you Add, sorry about the call from Charlotte, I couldn't stop her in time, though you have been out a while. Hello, you must be Add's new friends? Please, come in, would you like water, or something else?" My dad ushered us into the house, patting my back as I pass and grinning down at Michael when he notices him.

"Who's this handsome fellow?" He asked.

"Dad, that is Michael, a friend I made today." I let go of Rowans hand to scratch Michael behind his ear.

"Pleasure to meet you Michael, and the rest of you. I would love to be able to speak to you all soon, however I have a wife who will soon be coming dow-" He was cut short as a screech came from upstairs, making my dad jump and my mates jump as well.

"HAROLD! HAS AMANDA RETURNED?!"
Dad took a deep breath and called out softer.
"Yes dear, and Add has brought company."
There was silence for a moment, before doors started banging and heavy footsteps drew closer.
I turned to the stair case and watched my step-mother come down half way and look at my mates with distaste.

"Amanda, you really shouldn't be speaking to such filth," she huffed and saw Michael. "And you brought a mutt in! They must leave!"

I huffed, extremely irritated at this female dog of a step- mother.

"No Charlotte, they are staying. They are good people and animal and you have no say over who I be-friend or otherwise. It is my life and my choices, not yours." I grimaced at her face as it slowly turned red with rage.

"HOW DARE YOU! I HAVE LOOKED AFTER YOU FROM WHEN YOU WERE A BABY AND THIS IS THE THANKS I GET?!"

"Woah, hold your horses. You married my father when I was 8, that's not baby age. And you didn't give birth to me, so you're my step-mom. Step-moms normally need to show they can be trusted and you are not and have never shown any traits to trust, meaning that you have no say in my life. On top of that, I am 18, I am legally an adult so yet again, you have no say over what I do."
I clenched River's hand tightly, though I knew to her it was more of a gentle squeeze, but I bet they could all sense my anger.
Charlotte seemed to be breathing heavily too, her face slowly going red.
My dad took the moment to step in.
"Let's all calm down and think this through rationally. Charlotte, Add is correct. 18 is the legal adult age, meaning you or I have no say in Add's opinions anymore. Add wouldn't bring people home who aren't to be trusted, Add's sense to that is almost spot on, so let me get the kettle on and we can all sit down and chat and see what Add has been up to over the day," My dad have a bright smile to my mates and a firm look to Charlotte. He turned back to us with a smile again.
"Add, why don't you show your friends to the living room and Charlotte, help me with the tea, please."
Charlotte huffed and didn't acknowledge him as she went to the living room.
Ajax stepped up.
"Let me help with the tea, sir."
Dad smiled and gestured for him to follow him, as he went to walk away, he turned and winked, mouthing.
You made good friends.
With a grin, I lead the rest of my mates into the living room, aiming to sit a far away as possible from Charlotte.
Just before we entered, I grabbed Rowan's hand and whispered into his ear.