Chapter 6

Add POV:

As soon as we exited the toilets, a body flung itself at me.
"I'm so sorry Add! I do accept you and I want the be there for you. I'm so sorry that I made you run like that!" River cried into my shoulder.

"Woah, woah," I jumped, patting River's back awkwardly. I'm not sure how to comfort her, I don't meet many crying girls around me, I just hug for enjoyment purposes, nothing else.

I looked at the other two and they started mouthing 'hug', followed by hugging each other.

I wrapped my arms around her and squeezed tight.
"Thank you River, and I'm sorry for running off before you could explain, it was really rude of me and I shouldn't have done that. I'll make sure to listen to you guys before I get the wrong idea." I muttered into her shoulder.
She hugged me tighter and we stayed like that for a few moments. As she pulled away, she gave us a bright smile and said, "I don't know about you boys, but I think lunch is a good idea right now."
We nodded in agreement and we headed to the food court.

###

We reached the food court and found a table for the four of us quickly. A waiter came over and asked us for our drink orders, and we all ordered water (it has been a stressful time, we need all the hydration possible). As the waiter was asking for our orders, he kept looking at River with an eye I have seen plenty of times aimed at my sister, and I felt jealous, incredibly jealous. But what made me nervous was the fact he had a feeling about him I didn't like, not one bit. I couldn't shake it off, and it made me more nervous. As the waiter left, I shook myself out and looked at River and Sixx, who were sitting across from me. My face dropped more when I saw they were grinning at me.

Why are they grinning at me? What have I done to amuse them?

"What?" I asked, cringing at how short I sounded with them.

"You were jealous of the waiter," Ajax observed with a grin.

"And?" I countered, "He had a weird feeling about him, I don't like it."
Their smiles dropped their faces leaned it closer.

"What type of feeling? An ominous feeling?" I nodded, then pointed out the waiter coming back with our drinks.

"Here are three waters, and one glass of orange juice for the pretty lady." He put our glasses down and we all looked confused.

"We all asked for water, I don't drink orange juice," River explained, trying to give the drink back.

"Well I do apologise, I'll make it on the house for forgiveness?" He looked like a naughty boy trying to get out of punishment. He walked away before we ordered any food.

The orange juice looked weird, too vibrant, not liquidy enough.
I elbowed Ajax lightly next to me.

"Can you use your senses to smell for anything  in the drink, please?"

Ajax grabbed the drink and sniffed it subtly. His eyes went dark with rage and he went to stand quickly, but I grabbed his thigh and made him look at me.

"No one is hurt, we caught it before that. Just get the manager, hand it over and leave calmly. The guy will be out of a job and hey, free water, so just breath in and calm yourself and your wolf, we will leave to a safe place shortly."

Ajax followed my lead and stood much more calmly, grabbing another waiter to get the manager. To cut it short, the manager was outraged with the male staff's behaviour, called him over and fired him on the spot. Going into more detail, the waiter was livid as he threw his waiter uniform to the floor and started to loom over River and myself, trying to intimidate us both due to us being the shorter ones in this group. Ajax and Sixx were quick to protect us, though River could have done fine on her own.

The now ex-waiter left, and we proceeded to do the same, finding somewhere else to eat.
Though the guy didn't scare me, he had made me anxious of my surroundings and I didn't feel comfortable eating in the area anymore, so we agreed to do two more shops for River, then home for food.

### 4 hours later

My feet ache. My back aches. My shoulders ache. My whole body aches.

I wheezed as we went into what was probably the 7th store. I was holding some of the lighter bags, as I didn't want to be doing nothing, and I still refuse to do nothing, I can handle the light bags. Besides, it's not for much longer... Right?
The three wolves were looking great, not a drop of sweat on them, and carrying easily four times the weight of my bags EACH!
It was quite an ego drop, but they are wolves, so I wasn't too peeved off.
River came out with another two more bags for the ginormous bag pile.

"Right, one more shop, and we can go." She stated happily, skipping off to the next one.
I groaned, but forced my legs on, groaning internally at how aware I was of the tightness of my binder.

You need to take the binder off.

Don't you think I already know that?!

You're putting yourself at risk!

But she's so happy, one more shop won't hurt and besides, I have lasted longer in the binder, I can do it.

You're so stupid!

Thank you my internal self.

I looked up as Sixx slowed to walk next to me and looked at me with concern.
"Are you ok Add? You're looking really pale."

I tried to brush off my exhaustion.
"Yeah, I'm fine, just a little-" It felt like the world was tipping as my eyesight went dark temporarily, long enough for Sixx to catch me and bring me closer towards himself.
"You are not fine, you're exhausted, I can feel it. I'm getting the other two and we're going home."

"No, it's ok, it's only this store left, I can wait." I looked to the floor, I didn't want to be weak for them. I've barley known them for a day, yet I already have such a strong connection with them, I don't want to loose them just because I am weak.

"Add... Add! Look at me," Sixx brought his hand under my chin and lifted it, forcing me to look at him.

"I can feel you are tired. Clothes we can buy another time, your health we cannot. It's ok to be tired, I'm proud you lasted this long, River will understand, she never knows when to stop anyway." He looked so sincere, I didn't know what to say, so I just nodded. His eyes went blank for a moment before he re-foucused on me.

"They will be here in a moment."
And right as he says that, I heard Ricer coming out of the store complaining.

"Sixx, we were almost done, can't we just grab one more thing?" River gasped when she saw Sixx and I on the floor with me in Sixx's lap.
"No, Add just collapsed with how tired sh-he is, so we need to get home so he can rest. We can come back another time for clothes." Sixx explained firmly.

"Oh my word, I'm so sorry Add," River started. "I didn't notice how tired you were, I forgot you were a human, I'm so sorry." River started to tear up towards the end, probably hitting herself mentally with what she was thinking of by being a 'bad mate'.
I extended my arms towards her like a small child.
"I forgive you, I was happy that you were happy, it was worth being tired for. But you can make it up to me know by carrying me back to the car, please?"

Masculinity be damned for the moment, I'm tired and the boys are holding the bags anyway.

She rushed towards me and scooped me up into her arms.

Thank you for wolf strength. I thought as I snuggled into River's shoulder.
Her thumb rubbed circles into my arm slowly.
"Sleep Add, we'll wake you up when we get home."

Home, such a nice word...

Binder!

I'm not sure about that one.

You're still in your binder, take it off!

It's only a nap, I'll be fine, just 10 minutes...

And my eyes closed.