Chapter 10 - To The Front

"I'm not taking you with me, Ryoko.".

I rolled my eyes, raising a brow at my older brother who was adamant about not taking me with him onto the Front Lines, "Why not?"

"You even being here puts you at risk of getting hurt, or even killed Rei! I couldn't bear not having you alive."

"So you just expect me to sit around, in a VRMMORPG Game, waiting to be saved by you guys?"

"Yes."

"Hell to the no!" Luis coughed awkwardly, raising his hand as if asking permission to speak in a classroom

"I get that you are her brother and all but, that was our initial plan before we found out who you were."

"You were going to take her to the Front Lines?!"

"Yeah, with my guild. With other people like us."

"Other people...?" I sighed, shaking my head at him, "I call them the Omegas."

"But, technically, wouldn't you guys be called the Alphas-"

"This is far from the point, what I am trying to say is Klein, she is ready to be out on the Front Lines with the rest of us."

"Not to be rude, but Luis. Shut up." Luis put his hands up in mock defense, taking two steps back. I sighed, running a hand through my hair, "I shouldn't even have to ask you this. I'm going to the Front Lines with Luis and the rest of Black Velvet-", "Nice name." He quickly commented, "-And there is nothing you can do about it.".

My brother took a deep inhale of breath, shaking his head in displeasure. He didn't at all enjoy the idea of me going out onto the front lines, that was apparent. He didn't even like the idea that I took this risk of being logged into the game of SAO. He shook his head, staring at me

"Fine... But you are just going to be back up, alright? Let me and my guild along with the other guilds handle the front, you will just be there for backup."

"But-'"

"Reiko, that is final. That is my compromise." He walked past me, stopping for a moment to pull me into a side hug, resting his hand on the side of my head before planting a kiss into my hair

"I love you, Reiko. I can't lost you, especially to this death game." He muttered to me before leaving. I watched him walk away, slowly his steps to make sure we could soon catch up to him. I groaned, pinching the bridge of my nose. Luis stared at me, a small smirk on his face

"Now that I think about it... I would have done the same if my brother followed after me into this game of death." I whirled around, my hair whacking me in my face

"You have a brother?"

"Yeah. You aren't the only one here who has a sibling they care about but you are lucky that you got to see your sibling again... I may never be able to. So, him not wanting you out on the front lines is understandable, he doesn't want to see you die in here Ryoko. And yet, he let's you be a backup. That is what a sibling is all about, worrying for their safety but letting them do what they wanted with a compromise." Luis chuckled, shaking his head, "Sorry, I kinda lost myself for a second... Let's follow after him before he leaves us here." I slowly nodded at him before jogging to catch up to my older brother.

---

Mrs. Ryoutarou stared down at her two children, lost in thought. Her nails were chewed down to the skin from how nervous she was for her children's safety. She couldn't believe this was happening to her, to her family, especially her children. She could only imagine what they were dealing with right then and there. Were they currently fighting for their lives? On the brink of death? Or were they somehow safe with each other?