Chapter 13 - Medicine

I followed after Arwin, seeing him lead the way nervously, worried about what might happen if we do find a way to find the player who took their weapons, what were the possibilities?

I glanced over at Klein to see him speaking to Luis, his hands stuffed in his pockets. I didn't bother to eavesdrop in their conversation, after all, the two had to get along and be at least allies in this world, and I didn't want to see the two fight, especially when it came to me.

I knew the two were only looking for my best interest, Luis for whatever reason he holds (Which I suspect is because I am the one who is the last player sent here after the log out button was discovered to be gone from the game) while my older brother has always been protective of me, he doesn't want to see me hurt or worse, he doesn't want to lose me to this game of death. And I feel the same when it comes to him, I don't want to lose him either in here.

Arwin stopped, gesturing over to a little space where we could see had a few blacksmithing machines and tools.

"This is the last place you saw the weapons and him?" Arwin nodded, confirming Gerin's question.

"Alright, let's search around and see if we can find anything, maybe the actual blacksmith will even come by and we can ask them." Luis spoke up, taking charge for just a moment. We split up, I walking over to the workshop desk, searching through the drawers down the side of it for anything. I flipped through pages of graph paper that had drawings and measurements for weapons and armor, very blacksmithy stuff.

I reached further in the drawer when I felt a jolt of electricity course through my system and my health meter going done faster the longer I had my hand there. I abruptly pulled away, hissing as if I was in pain.

"Crap!" I said, getting everyone's attention on me.

"What?" Arwin asked. Klein kneeled down beside me, peering into the drawer then at my health bar at the corner of his screen.

"There seems to be a trap here." My brother stated. Luis handed me a potion for me to drink to get my health back up. "Why did my health bar go down? Aren't we still in the safe zone?" I asked out loud. Gerin pull up her map and zoomed in on our location.

"Actually... Beyond this side of the desk, you can be harmed by monsters and players." She stated with furrowed brows.

"That isn't good." Quill stated the obvious. I drank the potion, making a face as I saw my health go back up to a reasonable amount.

"What should we do? We can't exactly disable a trap that we can't see." Luis asked no one in particular. Gerin narrowed her eyes, crouching down to look into the drawer.

"Anybody got a flasher on them?" Gerin asked us. I opened my inventory, searching for a flasher but came up empty.

"I don't."

"I do." My brother stated, taking it out of his inventory and holding it in his hand. He activated it, the flasher going off frantically like a flashlight that was running out of battery. Amidst the flashing, I briefly caught light being reflected off of the drawer.

"Bingo..." Gerin muttered as she shifted more onto the safe side before reaching her hand in carefully, "Keep it flashing, Klein." She told him. Quill leant his hand to me to help me up. I gratefully took it with a small nod in thanks.

---

Klein watched Gerin work on disabling the trap in order to find whatever the player was hiding, the flashes in his hand. He kept a close eye on Gerin's health bar, seeing it go down and back up again since half her body was still in the safe zone. Gerin worked her fingers around the trap mechanics, her skill going up for crafting and traps.