Chapter 2: Simply Beautiful

I knocked on the door, making sure I didn't knock too hard for some reason.

I repeated in my mind, "Hello Mark, nice to see you again!' as if I would not know what to say when Mark answered the door.

Instantly though, someone opened the heavy door.

"Hello Mar-"

I was cut off by the man, whom I didn't even realize wasn't Mark, "(Y/N)?"

I was confused, I felt like I knew this man, but I couldn't put the tip of my tongue on it.

He had brown, curly hair and was somewhat sort of a scary looking man.

He must of saw my confused face, because all of a sudden he changed his stone face to a smiling one and said, "(Y/N), it's me Tyler. Remember?"

Tyler! I remember Tyler. He was one of Mark's friends since fourth grade.

He was always kind of mean but when he started maturing in high school, he became, well my friend I suppose. I am happy that the first person I have met at this manor is someone I actually used to know.

"Tyler! I can't believe it's you!" I hug him which makes him kind of flinch backwards as if I was trying to hurt him, but after a couple of seconds he hugs me back.

After stepping back, I observe Tyler. He was wearing a weird outfit, like he was wearing nice clothes but it looked...less class? I wasn't sure how to describe it.

After a couple seconds of us just awkwardly observing each other after four years, he cleared his throat and said, "We can catch up on more stuff later. Anyway welcome to the Markiplier Manor," he said with a sweet smile, and a confident voice.

I haven't even noticed the Manor until now. It was simply... beautiful. It was huge, just like it was on the outside.

Two stairways on each side of walls go up to the upstairs. The upstairs was aligned along the back and in the middle of the upstairs between the stairways, was a huge chandelier with a balcony going outwards. I assumed Mark would talk on and on up there.

I felt a cold shiver of air go over my back, making me cringe as if the manor didn't want me here. The manor felt like it hid a dark secret, inside some sort of locket. Maybe I will be the key.

I didn't even notice I moved in towards the middle of the room. Tyler was awkwardly back at the doorway with his hands behind his back, smiling at your pleasure with the Manor. But then it hit me, where was Mark? I was assuming he would be the one to open the door, but I suppose not.

I looked back at Tyler concerned and said, "Hey Tyler, where's Mar-"

"Welcome, welcome one and all to the Markiplier Manor!" a deep voice cutting you off said.