Chapter 4: Whispers

Kathryn started heading upstairs after Mark's command to guide me upstairs. She didn't even speak a word to me while heading up stairs. She kept her hands behind her back as I followed along.

I felt so awkward walking in silence with her.

"Hey Kathryn, so are you friends with Amy and Mark?" I asked, attempting to start a conversation. She looked at me in the eyes for the first time, but not in a pleasant way.

A side glance I suppose it would be called.

She took some time to respond, but she finally said, "Yes."

First time I heard her talk also.

I looked to the side of the walls, observing the art.

"So how-" I looked up to where she was, she disappeared. Or walked off to my room.

I looked at both sides of the hallways once I ran upstairs. Each side of the hallway was long, ten rooms on each side I assumed. How was I supposed to find my room when I already lost Kathryn?

"Over here..." I heard a voice whispering coming from the left side of the hallway. Kathryn's voice probably?

I followed the voice on the left side of the upstairs as it echoed all the way down to the very end of the hallway.

The more I went down the hallway, I picked up speed as if something was chasing me, no not chasing me, taunting me. I must of passed all of the rooms until I got to the very end of the hallway.

There was a room right at the end. I never saw the door coming down the hallway until now though.

"Kathryn?" I asked. No answer. I slowly placed my hand on the handle, which I know noticed looked different compared to all the other rooms handles.

I slowly twisted it, but this is my room of course right? Why was I scared? Slowly twisting it more, I got to end of where to twist.

Ok...

I thought to myself. Just push now and you'll be fine.

1...2...3!

I pushed, knocking me back on my back.

Oh it's locked. Stupid (Y/N), worrying absolutely over nothing.

"(Y/N)?" I turn to see Kathryn all the way down on the right side of the stairway.

"What are you doing down there? Your bedroom is down this way dear." I look down at the handle again.

Forget me ever listening to whispers again, I think, spooked as I run down to my room.

Finally reaching my room, not having the feeling of being chased this time, I was almost out of breath because of how long the hallways were.

I went into my room and was blown away at how gorgeous the room was. It looked like a tent, sort of.

The middle of the ceiling was at the top pointed like a ice cream cone. My bed was huge and it was a beautiful gray and gold theme. There was fairy lights around my room, but not turned on yet.

There was also a desk, a couch, but the most thing that entruged me was the bay window

I went over there, completely ignoring the quiet Kathryn who watched me silently by my bed.

I looked out the window to see a small forest or garden in the back of the manor. I could climb out the window to the roof, only if I wanted though.

Kathryn was here however, so I will wait for when I have more privacy. I look back at Kathryn, whom still looked emotional less.

"Kathryn you could leave if you would like. Thanks for helping-well going to my room for me." I offered a small smile.

She had no expression staring back at me with her eyes.

"Miss, Mark has instructed me to change you out of your outfit into some of the clothing we have supplied for you."

Instructed? Mark instructed Kathryn to help? I suppose maybe he wanted a girl to help me instead of him, but I could gladly pick out my cloths by myself. Plus, what's so wrong with my clothes anyway? Whatever. I'll just go along with it.

"Ok thank you Kathryn. What do you have for me to wear?"

It almost looked like she smiled for a small second.

"Well I have many choices but I thought maybe you would like this yellow dress." She pulled it out, as if she had planned this moment for a while. The dress was pretty, it was simple and cute.

 The dress was pretty, it was simple and cute

"Thank you, I will change into that now."

She exited and I changed. I looked into the fancy mirror on the other side of the bed. I braided my hair and put it into a low bun on the the left side of my hair. I heard a knock at my door.

"Miss, can I come in now?" Oh wow, I thought Kathryn had left by now. I chuckled to myself silently, what if she's like my maid? Like Mark would do that to a friend.

"Come in Kathryn."

She came in and looked at me in amazement.

"Wow, you look gorgeous." I smiled, Kathryn seemed to become a tad more open to me.

"Thank you."

I noticed she mumbled something under her breath, so silent you could of almost missed it, "I wish I could wear one like that too." Maybe she didn't say it. I imagined a voice whispering earlier, I also probably imagined that too.

I turn back to the Mirror and continued doing my hair.

"Okay well I'll let you be. If you need anything find me."

"Yeah okay than-" I looked back to see she already left. Okay what to do now?

I walked over slowly to look out the window I admired early.

Amy and Felix were walking out to the forest, garden, or whatever it was. That was weird, among the other things many things in this manor. Why isn't Mark with them?

I suppose Amy and Felix are just friends, there's nothing wrong with that, I thought to myself while heading the direction to go outside to see them.