Chapter 15: One Of Us

I woke up, somewhere I didn't recognize.

It was pitch black everywhere, like the dream I had earlier when I passed out. I could tell I was in a dream, but I even if I was in a dream, everything felt like it was trying to reach reality.

I started walking forward, feeling the click of my shoe every step. Then I saw something I didn't want to see.

Mark laying down, in a puddle of blood. His own blood.

I heard whispers all around me, "you could of helped him," that scared me a lot. It was just a dream though, right?

Mark's blood started flowing in from all walls around me, like a dam breaking. It came up to my knees, then my hips, then my neck. I was floating up, now near the ceiling.

I am going to drown in my own brother's blood, I thought to myself.

And just like that, the blood touched the ceiling, I held my breath for the longest I could, I felt like screaming but I couldn't if I was about to die.

And then I drowned. I watch my body float to the top, just like a dead fish. Just like that.

I woke up screaming, not your terror scream, but your depressed scream.

I suddenly stopped and looked around. Everything was normal. The same as it was yesterday, but it wasn't the same as yesterday. Mark is dead. I kind of just sat there, like a lump on a log for a while.

The perfect makeup I had, that Amy once did, was smeared. And yet I haven't even had a single tear drop yet.

I was so sad, so sad to the point where I couldn't even cry. That's never really happened to me before. Not even when dad died.

I must of sat there for at least a hour. I stared off into space, just emotionless. But then I heard a knock at my door.

I didn't want to see anyone. Not anyone. The only person I wanted to see was now dead. I didn't respond, but they still came in. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw dark hair.

Kathryn, I thought to myself.

She didn't say anything. She just came over and sat by me. She waited a couple seconds but then said, "(Y/N)-"

And then everything inside me, poured out. I was sobbing.

And when I mean sobbing, I mean sobbing.

Kathryn just held me in her arms, in a motherly fashion.

"I'm so sorry (Y/N)...I am so sorry." That's all she could say. I understood though, if I was her that's all I would say too.

I noticed she was crying a little also. Not flown out sobbing like me, but she had sniffled a couple times.

"Kathryn, why did he have to go?" That was the first thing I have spoked besides crying.

"I don't know dear. I think you need to talk to Jack though. He wants you."

Talk to Jack?

I didn't want to talk to Jack, not just Jack, I didn't want to talk to no one.

"No Kathryn, I don't want to see anyone."

Kathryn sighed, I don't think she wanted to push me. I know I sounded like a whiny three year old, but I didn't care at the point.

"Ethan, Bob, and Wade are gone trying to find help with Mark. Felix is trying to calm down Amy- she's been kind of crazy you know... Anyway, it's just going to be me, Jack, and Tyler. Please (Y/N)?"