Chapter 7: The Waterfall

That picture above is from when I got to see Mark so plz don't steal it:)

Me and Amy kept laughing as we ran through the forest. I felt alive again, like I did back when I was running through the field of grass.

Before the voices, I noted to myself.

Anyway, I wasn't quite sure where we were going, but we both kept ducking tree branches that would get in our way.

It helped to know where I was going though, because of Amy holding my hand and dragging me along.

"Here..." she finally whispered. I almost didn't want to stop running, because I felt so alive. I did though, and I caught my breath finally.

Amy looked back at me, motioning me to follow her with her hands. I had to squish myself between two trees. Amy was very slim so I know she wouldn't have a problem.

Finally, I came out of the two trees and saw what Amy has been wanting me to see.

A waterfall!

I loved waterfalls. I haven't seen one since I was a small child though.

"Amy, it's so beautiful."

I gazed with amazement, not even looking back at her.

It was a small waterfall, but gorgeous. It went down into a small circular puddle of water which looked around hip height at the deepest. There was log to sit by the water, which I am assuming Amy has sat there before.

"Come sit over here." Amy motioned me over. I did as Amy told me, and followed her to sit on the log.

We sat and Amy said, "This is what I wanted to show you, but do you promise to not show anyone else?"

Why doesn't she want me to show anyone else? I asked myself.

"I promise," I said anyway, not to be rude. I wanted to ask though, even if she gets upset or mad.

"Not to be rude Amy, but why do you not want me to tell anyone?"

Amy bites the side of her lip and looks down now, instead of looking at me.

"Amy I'm sorry if you don't want to talk-"

"No it's fine (Y/N), I can tell you."

She smiled slightly, but in a way, sadly.

"Well, me and Mark used to go to the forest all the time. One day, me and him were chasing each other through the forest,"

I noticed she smiled and blushed a little, as if she was remembering that day,

"and we stumbled across the waterfall. After that, everyday we would go out and just talk and have fun in our little spot here." Her face suddenly saddened instead of smiling, "then one day, around a month ago, Mark told me he didn't want to come down here anymore."

I almost felt mad at my brother for doing that to poor, kind Amy. Amy didn't deserve that, but was she even telling the truth? I wasn't sure.

Mark wouldn't do that...would he?

"This made me really, really sad, as you can tell. Everyday for a week he would tell me 'No' or, 'I am busy today.' So I decided I might as well just go out here by myself. It started to become one my favorite places. Just the waterfall, me, and the forest. After a week of coming out here by myself, Felix started to notice. He told me it wasn't safe out here to be going alone and he insisted that he came out here to keep me safe since Mark wouldn't."

Now I understand why Felix came out here with her.

"I said yes, as long as he didn't come inside the actual forest with me. I didn't want him with me at the waterfall because...well I guess it was me and Mark's thing whether or not Mark was with me."

She smiled again now which made me happy. That was so cute...she wouldn't let anyone but Mark come to the waterfall with her.

Then why am I here with her? I thought silently to myself.

"Amy, then why am I here with you?" I looked at her puzzled.

Amy looked as if she was thinking for a second of how to explain it.

"Well your Mark's sister, I figured I would let you come here, when you find your lover."

Lover... as if any guy would ever like me. I have never had a partner unlike most young girls. No one ever seemed to be perfect for me.

"Yeah like that would happen." I laughed, almost snorting.

Amy smiled and shrugged, "You never know!"

All of a sudden we hear a loud voice, "(Y/N)!"

It didn't seem like Felix's Swedish voice.

Amy smiled at me, "You better get going (Y/N)!" she giggled.

"Your right. Bye Amy!" I smiled back.

I got up and ran through the forest, going as fast as I can, and still trying not to get lost. I didn't want to hear those voices again, now that I'm alone.

I followed whoever's voice was yelling, "(Y/N)!"

I finally got to the outside of the forest, still running. I slowed down when I saw Tyler and Felix there waiting for me.

I looked at the boys when Tyler said, "Mark would like to have dinner with you now."

It's dinner time already?

As if Tyler could read my mind he said, "It's 6:00 (Y/N)."

"Okay Tyler lead me back."

I then turned to Felix instead of Tyler and said, "Amy is still in there. Do you want me to go get her?" I smiled politely.

Felix smiled back, "No dear, it's okay. I don't want you to keep Mark waiting."

It felt nice someone cared about my brother as much as I did.

"Okay Felix, bye!" I started heading off back to the Manor with Tyler, to see the one and only Mark.