I Apologize - 5.

Tuesday, July 7, 2020
Houston, TX

I deeply sighed after I was done ranting and looked towards my mother as she gave me a disappointing scowl. I should've known she would be upset, but she asked for it. Jay would be coming over to see Braxton through her and of course she asked why. I wasn't even going to tell her but she talked it out of me.

"Are you serious?" She said, looking at me. I slowly nodded my head and she shook hers, "I didn't raise you to be weak towards no man. But that's exactly what you are. Weak. You sit here and let this man talk to you any kind of way and put his hands on you. You let it happen."

"Mom, he's upset. Let him be. Just let him come over and see Braxton and don't bring it up."

She gave me a sarcastic chuckle, "I don't give a damn how upset he is. What he's not going to do is lay a finger on you. You really have me fucked up if you think I won't mention it."

I groaned and laid my head on the table. My mother was very protective over me and the rest of my siblings. She didn't play any games when it came to us. Even though she loved Jay, I was her child and she wasn't going to let anyone disrespect me.

"Mama just chill out please."

"I'm just going to have a talk with him. I get it Beyoncé, he's upset and he has every right to be, but you gave him the chance to meet his son. There's no reason this man should be disrespecting you like the way he is. You're the mother of his child. He's going to respect you."

I nodded my head and stood up to walk over to her. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder as she wrapped her one arm around my waist. She was in the middle of cooking dinner for our family, but I would be leaving and going back to my hotel. Braxton loved being over here so I figured it's best that Jay come over here to see him while I was away.

I grabbed a fry out of the pan and blew it off before putting it in my mouth, "The fries good mama."

"I know. Take a plate with you."

"I'm not hungry."

"Now you are." She said making my plate. I chuckled and accepted it. My mom would never let me leave without eating or sitting down first. She claimed it was bad luck to leave her house without doing so.

While she made my plate, I went to my dad's man-cave to see Braxton sitting in his lap as they watched football.

"What y'all doing?" I said grasping their attention. The smile that came across when he saw me put me at ease. He reached out for me and I picked him up.

"Hey big boy." He kissed my lips and I smiled, happy to be the one on the receiving end of his sweet kisses.

"Are you leaving?" My dad asked me. I nodded my head and looked down at Braxton as I had him on my hip. He was pulling at my necklace while staring at the television.

"He's going to be a ball player. He loves sports." My dad said looking at us.

I nodded my head. Braxton really did love sports. That was something he had gotten from Jay because Jay was a star in every sport he played.

"Definitely. Mama's about to go baby." I said to get his attention. He looked at me and pouted.

"No mommy. Can't leave." He whined. I handed him back over to my dad and kissed his lips.

"I'm sorry baby. I'll see you tomorrow okay? You'll be fine." I wiped his face and looked at him once more before leaving.

"Let me know how everything goes." I told my mama, kissing her on the cheek as she handed me my plate.