Nachos? - 22.

Saturday, July 25, 2020
Washington, D.C.

I checked into my doctor's office by signing my name and explaining the reason for my visit before heading back to my seat near Braxton and Jay.

I didn't have a regular check up or anything for another two weeks, but I woke up this morning with slight spotting and cramping terribly. I didn't want to overreact and think the worst so I tried my best to remain calm. I was still very much worried though. I had no issues when I was pregnant with Braxton and I'm pretty sure it's not a good sign for to even be bleeding during a pregnancy.

Of course Jay was nervous as well. He was much more nervous than me but I tried keeping him calm too. He haven't said much to me since we've arrived, but he has made efforts to ask how I'm doing and if I was okay.

Braxton was in his own little world as he played a color and number game on my iPad. He's been into that a lot lately which I'm happy for because I had plans of putting him into school next month.

"Knowles. Beyoncé Knowles." I heard the nurse come out to the waiting area and yell. I grabbed my purse and held onto Braxton's hand as we followed her to the back. I looked behind me to check on Jay to see him close behind me as well. The look on his face displayed how nervous he was and it was starting to make me nervous too.

"Dr. Collins will be with you in one moment." The nurse said before walking out and closing the door behind her. I deeply sighed and looked over at Jay.

"Are you okay?" I asked. He was looking off into space, not really paying me any attention.

His eyes met mine and he gave me a soft smile, "I'm straight. Are you okay?"

I nodded my head, "Hopefully I will be."

"So you're not nervous? Are you still cramping?"

"Of course I'm nervous but I don't want to stress myself out more and cause more bleeding for whatever reason. And yeah, they aren't as bad as before but I'm still having them."

He nodded his head and went back to staring at the walls. I took this time to look at my son. I laughed because he was staring at me too.

"Why are you staring at me baby?" I asked him with my arms out. He walked over towards me and climbed into my lap. I watched as he continued playing on the iPad until my doctor came in.

"It's the beautiful Bey," Dr. Collins said as usual. He was forever complimenting me, but Jay didn't take that well. He slightly frowned and shot his eyes at me, "So you called saying this was an emergency so I tried my best to fit you in at a good time. What seems to be the issue?"

"So I woke up this morning and I was bleeding and cramping. I don't know what to feel or what to do so I called you."

He looked at me and nodded his head, "Well that's definitely isn't a positive sign. I want you to lay back for me so I can take a look. And is this your boyfriend?" He asked, giving Jay a slight smile.

"Yeah, this is my boyfriend Shawn. Baby, this is my OBGYN, Dr. Collins." Dr. Collins held his hand out for Jay to shake and this nigga just looked at his hand like he was disgusted. I was so embarrassed. Now was not the time to be petty. Eventually, Jay shook his hand and we got things started.

He lifted up my shirt and placed the gel on my tummy. He used his device to move around my stomach as he looked at the screen.

"Oh wow. Well this is something new for me.. and for you too."

I became nervous and my palms began sweating. Braxton leaned against Dr. Collins looking at the screen like he knew what he was looking at.

"What's happening?" Jay asked. Thank God he did, because my tongue was tied and I didn't know what to say.