Finally - 11.

Monday, July 13, 2020
Houston, TX

I gasped when I walked in the room to see my baby staring at the television with his mini robe on

I gasped when I walked in the room to see my baby staring at the television with his mini robe on. The sound of my voice made him quickly look my way and a huge smile spread across his face.

"Happy birthday baby!" I said kissing all over his face. I could tell Jay had given him a bath already because he smelled so good, "Mommy missed you. You missed me?"

I was serious when I told Jay I was leaving. I refused to be under the same roof as Alexis so staying at my mother's house was out of question. Thank God Shad had his own place now so I chilled out over there with just him since Shai stayed with her mother.

Instead of responding, he grabbed onto my face and kissed my nose.

"How old are you?" I asked him. I held up my fingers and he did the same. I chuckled when he struggled to hold up four fingers so I helped him. Together, we held up the number four as he laughed.

"Four mommy." He said climbing into my arms. I gladly picked him up and put him some clothes on and we walked in the living room where his stupid ass father was. Jay was standing around on his phone when we walked in. We haven't said anything to one another which I was fine with. I know the silence between us wouldn't last for long though. We had to set up this party with some type of communication.

"Forgot to tell you that me and lil man went to get a haircut earlier. I didn't know if you gave him actual haircuts or what." Jay said, still looking down at his phone.

I nodded my head, "I appreciate it. So when are we setting up? We already told people what time the party was, so – "

"You don't need to worry about anything. The boys coming over to help set up."

I frowned and shook my head, "Men aren't very smart. Y'all need a woman over here to direct y'all."

Finally he looked my way and what I thought would be another argument, he just laughed, "Damn, that hurt."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my purse, "Anyways, I'm about to drop him off at Nicki's and I'll be back over here to help. My family is bringing the finger food and your mom said she would pick up the cake so we don't have to worry about that."

"That's fine. I'll see you."

I nodded my head and made my way out. Hopefully today's the day we can finally get along for the sake of our son.

__________