5. Taken

Soon enough they were back at the Moon Dorms and just as Zero went to shower, a knock came at the door to his room.

At least he was still dressed.

Seiren, Kaname's loyal bodyguard, waited outside and he followed her to Kaname's room across the hall. She announced his presence and directed him to go inside before closing the door and taking up watch again.

Kaname was sitting in a chair in a sitting area next to a roaring fireplace, a glass of scotch in his hand. He downed the glass before offering a glass to the silverette which Zero accepted.

"Tell me about the visions you had tonight."

Zero perched himself on the couch facing the fire beside the brown haired Pureblood. He sipped the glass for a few moments before beginning.

"It was confusing, like too much was coming on at once. There was only one that I could make any sense of and that one centered around a disruption in your plans."

Kaname cocked a brow at him, "How so?"

Zero sighed and took a swig.

"I know that Yuki is a Pureblood and that she transforms earlier than you expected she would. Which disrupts the plan to fight your... uncle, I think. Rido was his name."

Kaname withheld any reaction, instead downing his second glass and pouring another before offering to top off Zero's own.

Zero nodded and they both sat in silence for a while, both of them present in body but not in mind.

Kaname, for his part, was musing quietly over the developments. He found himself grateful for the silverette's gift- it would ensure he had a warning when something new developed. Now, he could begin to draw up securities for his former currently destructing plans.

Zero was silent beside him, nursing his second glass before pouring himself another and the room was quiet except for the soft clink of the decanter.

He's nothing like how I expected before, Zero mused, his thoughts dissecting his past visions of the Pureblood Prince.

He had thought that he would meet Kaname through maybe a gathering of some sort- maybe even just... he had no clue, he just never thought he would meet his mate in truth. It had scared him so long ago when he was bound by his father- that binding sickening his form till he was a step away from death's door- he had thought he would never meet him or his sister. He, even at the young age of thirteen when he died, had mourned his lost chance at happiness. He had mourned his lost love, his family that he had never truly been a part of, his mother, who had left him to his fate, he had even mourned the twins he thought might never be born.

Yet, now he was given a second chance and he could suppose giving up this lifetime's memories in favor of the ones he held so long ago was worth it. Even if he never ended up recovering them.

He downed his third glass and held it out for the other Pureblood to fill as he refilled his own glass.

"I remember having visions of you two when I was younger- well, not in this life, but in another." Zero admitted and Kaname hummed.

"Tell me about that life of yours." Kaname invited and Zero let out a wry laugh.

"There isn't really much for me to tell you. I was the youngest of three brothers. My older brothers, a set of twins, were named Akira and Sato. They were three years older than I was, I believe. My mother's name was Lilly- she was a Pureblood vampire while my father was Hiro, a Hunter who had been exiled from his original clan. My father despised me- I wasn't cut out to be a Hunter and I was 'overly reliant' on the goodwill of the vampires I had come across when I had gone out with my mother. When my mother left us it was the day after my tenth birthday and my brothers had been bound the night after."