7. The Beginnings of Love

7

Kaname stood outside the door silently for a moment, not waiting for entrance but because for a few moments he was simply daunted by the idea of seeing Zero for the first time outside of class since they had unwittingly mated.

No one had noticed them slowly taking on each other's scents- Zero's biting mint and Kaname's dark musk- but it was only a matter of time. Aido had already discovered it, and while he didn't doubt that the blond Noble would try and keep it to himself, even Kaname could admit that it was only a matter of time.

He knew if Rido caught word of it his uncle would no doubt switch from Yuki to his new mate if purely just to eliminate him using Zero. If one of them died the other would immediately feel it, he knew. It was simply the way of mates that the other would soon seek to be one with them again in the afterlife.

He had been hiding away from the silverette if he was honest- he had tried desperately to deny it all but his senses craved the other now and he was slowly sinking beneath of wave of the bond's demands.

He had thought that if he denied it that maybe it would dissolve but he should have known better. He was smarter than that and he felt like a sulking child when he thought of it.

Dammit, he was better than this! He was the Kuran Ancestor, granted he lacked quite a few of his memories, but he had been King, and he was going to be again, even if he had to readjust his plans to ensure it with Zero's visions on his side.

He knocked on the door and slid inside without waiting, which was good considering the fact that the silver haired Pureblood was asleep.

Aido's piles of books surrounded the couch in the sitting area, a notebook and pen lying open next to the book that he had laid on its face.

He slowly walked further into the room, his eyes scanning the area.

Zero's room was sparse but made comfortable with the coloring that the maids had designed for him before he arrived. Books that were clearly his own filled a bookshelf, some of their spines worn and decaying from use over ages.

There were pictures on his desk of his family in this life- the very one that Kaname had caused to be destroyed. A ghost of guilt passed over him just thinking of it all. He had been planning to use him then leave him to rot, taking Yuki away for them to start their lives apart from where she had lived her human life.

It would have ate at the ex-human, Kaname knew. Zero before all of this had clearly loved Yuki- anyone could tell just by watching him interact with her compared to the few Day Class girls that had been brave enough to speak up and attempt to ask him out.

It had been almost comedic to see the discomfort on his face, Yuki trying desperately trying to push him toward the girls in any way she could. It never worked, though.

Zero was lying contorted into a ball beneath a thin sheet, his skin sweating even though it was cold beneath his fingers as he pushed an unruly silver wave out of his eyes.

His eyes were shut tight in seeming unease, his lips forming a strict line.

He stirred beneath Kaname's touch.

"Luna..." he muttered and tears began to flow down his cheeks.

Kaname pulled away.

'The Moon demands payment in the form of sacrifice' Aido had told him, apparently the old Zero's last words.

What could it mean?

Zero began to blink softly, relaxing as he awakened before Kaname's eyes.

He looked at Kaname- his eyes exhausted and nervous.

"Am I awake?" He asked him and Kaname's lips quirked into a small smile.

"Yes."

Zero appeared relieved.

"I wish I had your gift," Kaname said and Zero scoffed lightly.

"It's a bit of a headache and I have no real control of what I see."He paused, "All I really have control of is my choosing to remember my visions."

Kaname smirked, "Would you show me if you could?"

Zero was silent, "That depends. Would you really want to know, even if it's painful?"

Kaname went silent for a moment, but the light smile on his face didn't fade. "You have the ability to prevent things before they happen-change the future, would you deny me that ability as well?"

Zero seemed to think it over before he rushed out of the bed and to the bathroom, his head bent over the toilet as he dry heaved- his food long since gone.

He was kneeling over the toilet when Kaname followed him in, gently rubbing his back to relax him.

It did the trick and he crawled his way back up to the vanity and gargled some mouthwash before spitting it out into the sink and nearly collapsed back onto the floor if Kaname hadn't caught him.

"Are you thirsty?" Kaname asked, not missing the red haze his mates eyes took on at the very softly spoken question.

He laughed lightly and the silver haired Pureblood let out a soft growl.

"You sound like an angry kitten." Kaname stated and Zero relaxed and let him help him back into bed, scooting over as he slid inside where Kaname pulled him up along his body to hold his head up to his neck.

Zero wasted no time and quickly numbed the area before sinking his fangs in and beginning to feed. It strengthened their bond and both of them could feel it keenly as it surged back to life violently.

Kaname blinked and suddenly he was not in Zero's room , but in his own except he wasn't himself. He was keenly aware that he was in his mates body as his unique presence surrounded him, his emotions flowing unfiltered to him.

Zero rolled over and he saw himself through Zero's eyes, surprised at the love that clearly pulsed through the bond to him in the vision.

Zero bit out a grunt as he felt a kick coming from inside his body.

Kaname in the vision laughed and Zero lightly glared at him, "I'm so glad my pain amuses you."

The words were irritated but they both knew that he was equally as amused through their shared bond.

Kaname laughed again and Zero smirked, rising up to straddle him, kissing a trail up his chest to where his mark lay, nipping at it lightly. His belly was aligned with his mates when one of the twins gave a good, solid kick, surprising the both of them.

"Looks like someone's going to be a cockblock." Zero joked and the vision slipped away into shadows and Kaname, still in the vision with Zero, found himself in Zero's body yet again in a field of flowers where a fair woman bearing Zero's looks sat above them.

She ran her hands through his hair.

It was day in this vision and her glow, which for some reason he knew was brightest at night, was quieter and somehow she appeared near mortal.

"I am excited for you, my son. Soon you will know the happiness that a child brings a parent, and I have no doubt that soon you will surpass even my expectations."

She went silent before, "Your father is quite irritated with me for taking you away from him. He is putting up quite a fight and I fear I will not be strong enough to protect you."

Zero reached out and ran a hand down her face, wiping away her tears.

"You don't have to be afraid for me, I am happy and safe with Kaname and you shouldn't worry for me. You'll get wrinkles," He joked.

She laughed, "I suppose you are right, dearest."

The vision dispersed into mist.

Zero pulled away from him after licking the wound clean, curling into him as he fell back asleep, hopefully to gain the rest he needed.

Kaname was left tired as well, and for now he settled himself into the bed with Zero, his mates form wrapping around him like a child would a teddy bear.

And they slept.