6. Result

He was in the Kaname's shower, glad that the other Pureblood's blood had lessened his aches from the night before. He scrubbed at his skin with a fierce hand, thinking back to the way Kaname left him as soon as he answered the silverette's question.

"It's a mating mark," He had replied, his voice harsh and devoid of emotion, his mask cracking around the edges and providing Zero with a view of his frustration as he pulled away and left him alone in the bed.

Was this really how they ended up mated to one another?

He had yearned for that moment so much in his previous life, excited at the prospect, at the very idea of how amazing it would be.

It was amazing, but it was not intentional and he found himself distraught at the realization that Kaname did not want this. He hated the idea that he had trapped him in this relationship, not that he had known what to expect when it came to vampire mating. He had been blissfully ignorant and he found himself fraught with guilt over the whole thing.

Kaname should have known, though. So it wasn't entirely his fault, but still, he scrubbed harder at his reddened skin, leaving only the healing mark on his chest untouched.

He had never known what had led to him being mated with Kaname, his visions oh-so-politely ignoring the subject.

He shut the water off and stepped out of the shower, drying off with a towel when his mark began to burn once more. He let out a hiss at the pain, sliding his pants from the night before back on.

He came out of the bathroom, releasing some of the steam into the air as he made his way back into the sitting area where Kaname was perched back in his chair from the night before, wearing a pair of formal pants and an unbuttoned silk shirt.

He held up his glass, "Someone spiked the whiskey."

For a moment the spiteful self-loathing kicked in. Of course, the whiskey was spiked- he never would have had sex with him otherwise.

"Who would do that?" Zero asked, biting back the hurt, unwilling to risk the other Pureblood sensing it.

Kaname shrugged, "I don't know yet, but I always find answers so rest assured, they will come to light sooner rather than later."

Kaname placed the glass back down on the table and stared the silverette down.

"I sensed something in your blood." He announced and Zero sat down on the couch.

"What did you sense?"

"I am almost certain that you are what Purebloods refer to as a Bride."

Zero felt his head cock to the side unwittingly. What did he mean?

Kaname sighed, "It means that you can, even as a male, fulfill a female's position in a mated pair- able to reproduce and carry a child to term."

He was silent for a moment before nodding.

It made sense when taken into account with his visions. That was why he had been pregnant in them.

He could feel Kaname's eyes on him even as he faced his own amethyst ones on the flickering flames of the fireplace.

His mate's feelings began to radiate to him through their young bond- a furious frustration that was clearly eating at him as he had so obviously a lapse in control.

"Yuki and I have been engaged since she was young- you do know this will crush her when she awakens, do you not Kiryu?"

Zero was silent, even as surprise ricocheted through him. For some reason he had never picked up on Yuki's obsession with Kaname until it was pointed out to him. He had never in a vision come across her objecting to their mating- but then again, in most visions their relationship had been more advanced.

"What, Kiryu? Didn't notice? You seem to be quite dense without your memories." He mocked, his voice bitter and tense.

Zero flinched at his mocking words but Kaname shrugged it off.

Where was the Kaname from the night before? Had it all just been the whiskey when he opened up to him?

"It appears we'll have to learn to work around the bond until we discover the full extent of your position as a Bride."

Zero looked back to the fire and sighed, standing up and finding the rest of his uniform and throwing on his shirt.

"We'll take the rest of the night off," Kaname stated, "I'll get Aido to help you research your condition."

Zero nodded and left the room, Kaname staring outside the window at the moon in thought as he left.

It had been a four weeks since then and Aido had been in Zero's room for most of it, researching away with piles of books in the small sitting area, tapping his pen on his temple repetitively.

Zero groaned and dragged himself out of bed, nearly collapsing onto the floor as he made his way to the bathroom to puke again.

His head felt like a boxing ring, throbbing incessantly again and again from all the visions he had been coming in and out of.

This has got to stop soon, right?

It felt so similar to his sickness from the binding that he was almost terrified of dying again from it.

He stood up from the floor and promptly fell back onto his knees.

"Aido, a little help, please?"

Aido, apparently not having noticed that the Pureblood was sick, found his way to the bathroom, his eyes going comically wide at the sight of an ill Pureblood.

"Zero-sama, what's wrong?"

He helped the taller vampire stand, pulling him back over to the bed as he supported the Pureblood's weight.

"Sick," Zero muttered in a daze, his skin breaking out into cold sweats while it felt like he was coming to a boil inside.

He pulled his shirt off, drawing Aido's eyes to the mark that had healed perfectly over his heart.

The Noble snapped at him, "You're mated to Kaname-sama? Why?"

Zero slid under the sheets, tossing the blanket to the side as he whispered out his response as he slipped into another vision.

"Accident," He murmured as he slipped away into another dream, another vision.

Aido calmed down from his surprise, guilt eating at him for his snappy tone to the silverette he had come to befriend. He dropped his pen on the table where he had been perched with another slowly eroding book he had been sifting through.

He left the room quietly, returning an hour later with a plastic bag from the closest pharmacy.

Alone with the Pureblood in the room, Aido quickly awakened the dreaming vampire, forcing him into the bathroom to take the discrete pregnancy tests that he hoped would work.

Ten minutes later Zero opened the door and Aido helped him back to bed, where the silverette had taken up residence for the past two nights.

Aido found himself back in the bathroom as the tests gave out their reading.

'Pregnant +'

Aido left the room and absconded to his Prince's private office, knocking on the door as patiently as he could.

"Come in." Kaname invited and the blond Noble quickly entered and closed the door.

"Kaname-sama?"

"Yes, Aido. What have you learned?"

Aido shook his head, "Not much accounts for Brides in the history books. The few records state that when found, they are often killed by warring factions who both or more want them. But that's not what I had to tell you."

Kaname cocked a brow at him and dropped his pen on the desk top.

"Well, what is it?"

"Zero-sama appears to be pregnant."