10. Shizuka

A/N: I'm not back to writing right now because I'm dealing with a lot of personal upheaval stuff, but here is the next chapter of Yugen as requested. Please VOTE if you enjoy and BOOKMARK if you wish to continue. COMMENT your opinions/ideas/predictions. Thank you for the patience! :)

.

.

.

They had all been walking to class the next night when Zero came across Maria Kurenai for the first time.

She had skipped from an off path onto the main path to join them and he couldn't help but analyze her with a critical eyes. He knew her, he had seen her in one of his dreams, when though, he didn't know.

"I know her." He stated softly to Kaname who was beside him, the brown haired pureblood's bodyguard standing protectively behind the two.

"From where?" Kaname mused, but Zero could sense his mild shock via the bond.

"A vision. She's sick. A Pureblood is using her as a host, aren't they?"

Kaname nodded and they continued on into class, the silver haired Pureblood alarmed when he found himself surrounded on two sides by a few of the young Nobles who he had healed after the fight. Kaname appeared amused at his surprise and Zero sent him a look to the equivalent of 'har, har, har'.

A few of them introduced themselves; Tsuya, Aimi, and Koto.

Tsuya was a petite blonde with big green eyes and a large nervous smile and when he gave her one back in reply she appeared relieved. Aimi, beside her, had shoulder-length pale pink hair and near white grey eyes and a genuine grin to greet him with. Koto, the only boy in the small group was probably a freshman and was most likely a relation to Tsuya with the same nervous smile but with ginger orange hair and the same big green eyes.

He smiled at the three of them and talked with them amicably for a while before class began and by the time the final bell let out the three of them seemed almost enamoured with him, hanging onto his every word like he was some long lost god. It was a bit annoying, but when he urged them to speak up themselves, he found Koto and Aimi to be bright and talkative while Tsuya would slowly drop some things into the conversation with cutting remarks.

He laughed.

He stuck close to Kaname as they made their way back to the Dorms.

As they drew closer to the Dorms, he glanced at Yuki to find Maria whispering in her ear. Whatever it was that she told Yuki, it appeared to shock her to the bone, a dark look over sweeping her face briefly- sad and disappointed and a bit angry. She looked at Zero then, her eyes glancing at Kaname briefly. Whatever was in them, he couldn't quite decipher but he had a bad feeling about it all.

Maria had disappeared back down the path leading away from the main path and the Moon Dorms, back down the path that led to the decrepit old Dorms that Aido had mentioned were from when the school had just began and there were only a few dozen vampires to occupy it. Now there were a few dozen more, but still, their numbers were below a hundred and Zero could suppose that was part of the draw of the Night Class- it made it seem like it was some foreign, exclusive class. It was, but he digressed.

"Yuki?" He called out to her and she pasted a smile on her features.

They both knew it was fake, meant to save face as she came to terms with whatever it was that Maria had whispered to her. Kaname's words from the night before last struck him- she'd be hurt when she found out about them. Was that what Maria had whispered to her?