11. Family

Zero entered his room later that night, dawn beginning to sink into the room via the edges of the blackout curtains. Ichiru leaned on him for support as they trudged in, Zero sitting him on the bed before helping him out of his jacket and shirt, checking on the wraps that Cross had painstakingly done as the younger twin cursed his name.

A rib or two were broken.

Zero helped him into a pair of clean sleep pants and offered a shirt which his twin turned down with a wave of his hand.

Yuki had awakened an hour or so ago and after her memory had been erased of Shizuka's bite, had revealed to them her knowledge of Zero and Kaname's relationship. She had appeared to still be coming to terms with it all- but a part of both of them had been relieved that they hadn't had to tell her themselves.

Ichiru seemed uneasy at how Zero treated him and eventually snapped.

"Why are you helping me when you don't even know me?"

Zero went quiet at his words and put the first aid kit away as he finished looking over the bandages. A part of him wondered how he had a first aid kit in his bathroom, but he laid the thought aside to answer Ichiru's question.

"I might not remember this life, but I do remember another one before this. My older brothers were twins, they didn't like me mind you, but I saw how much they meant to each other. I suppose I owe it to the 'current' me to take care of you."

"I don't want your pity." Ichiru growled and Zero laughed.

"It's not pity. I don't think I pity anyone anything at this point."

He went silent, "I assume you were with Shizuka for a reason."

Ichiru swallowed at his words and went silent, the righteous anger departing from his features.

"From what Cross and Yagari have told me, you require blood from a Pureblood to keep up health wise. You can get it from me. I don't know what plans you have, that might prove disastrous for me, but I figure you'll be able to figure your way."

Zero went silent and pulled off his dress shirt, turning around to face Ichiru. Ichiru's eyes immediately centered on his mark over his heart, Zero sensing the comfort of the bond as it was scanned over.

Ichiru's eyes widened like a cartoon's.

"You're mated!" He cried and Zero nodded, "And I bet you can guess to who."

"Kuran? Of all people, Kuran?"

Zero sighed, "It only makes sense for you to know, but I trust you can keep it quiet?"

Ichiru swallowed and nodded after a moment.

Zero stilled before bolting to the restroom to vomit as his morning sickness came back in full force. God, he hoped he wasn't going to be stuck up all day vomiting again.

"Goddammit, I thought I was done with that." he sighed as he reentered, Ichiru scanned him, "Do Purebloods even get sick?"

"No."

Weeks had passed now, gratefully uneventfully.

Ichiru was huddled with him for warmth in bed as he fell out of bed and crawled over to the bathroom to vomit for what seemed the thousandth time. It only ever abated when Kaname fed him blood or stuck close to him, but it happened to be one of the few days where he wasn't sleeping in his mate's bed.

Ichiru woke up then, as he reentered the room, a hand rubbing the distending belly that had seemed to come up over night. Ichiru stared at him.

"You're getting fat, Nii-san."