9. Need

They were making their way back to the Moon Dorms, Aido and Yuki fretting over him like mother hens, Akatsuki hanging close behind them while also checking over the others in the inner circle. Zero had healed the few wounds the others had but the others still remained sore and tired.

It was nice, Zero could admit, that he had people that cared enough about him to fret over him. It was also a bit annoying, but he could tell it wasn't intended to be.

They entered the Moon Dorms, Yuki still following Zero and Aido up to his room, only to be shooed when she tried to enter the bathroom with them, Aido practically throwing her out as he helped peel the ruined uniform jacket, shirt, and tie off of Zero, the Pureblood biting back hisses of pain as it tugged at the irritated skin.

Zero thanked the Noble as he helped him into the tub that had been filled with warm water as the blond inspected his wounds which for some reason, hadn't healed.

Aido hummed a tune to soothe the silverette as he poked at the wounds, using tweezers to try and urge the injuries to close. They didn't, and the oddest thing was happening- the slashes that marred the silver haired Pureblood's back and shoulders were leaking violet tears and Aido briefly stopped his tune as he swabbed some samples to dissect later under a microscope.

Zero hissed and Aido briefly considered telling him but resolved not to so as not to scare his now (even he could admit) close friend, a Pureblood who appeared to lay aside all sense of propriety to allow him to treat him like an equal.

"How are you feeling?" He asked him and Zero sighed.

"Not great. Tired. Thirsty."

Aido stilled at his words and offered his blood to the Pureblood.

Zero went silent at his offer and appeared to think it over briefly before he gave a shake of his head. Aido was relieved, he didn't want to place himself between the two mated Purebloods, Kaname being the one that was supposed to heal his mate's injuries as custom.

Zero's wounds weren't healing but appeared to clot and stop their bleeding and Aido bandaged him up as best he could, retrieving a shirt and sleep pants from the other room for the ex-prefect.

He stepped back to allow the Pureblood to dress, a slight blush on his face as he looked at him.

When he was human or ex-human anyway, Kiryu had been arguably the most beautiful human he had ever seen, even if his personality had done its best to erase that- but now, he was made even more perfect with a Pureblood's draw and the erasure of any awkward notes that made up a normal youth's form.

Kiryu didn't pick up on his blush and hissed as he tried to pull on the shirt.

Aido rushed to help him and Zero thanked him softly as Aido guided him out of the bathroom and into bed- his charge passing out as soon as his head hit the pillow, laying on his stomach so as not to irritate his injuries.

Aido tossed a light sheet over him and made his way into the sitting area where Yuki was laying on the couch, blinking hazily as the night appeared to sink in and she passed out like her adopted brother had. Aido tossed the fleece blanket that had sat on one of the two chairs over the brunette prefect and left the room to report to Kaname.

He walked across the hall and knocked on the Pureblood Prince's door, admitting himself in when invited.

Takuma was sitting across from Kaname at his desk, reporting the events of the fight to him faithfully.

"We were all left wondering who sent them," Takuma stated and Kaname nodded.

"Begin looking into it." Kaname ordered and Takuma nodded, departing quickly to begin.