Chapter 2

2500 Chaos Years (2.5 Human Years) Later

"Omega?" I heard a soft voice ask. I turned around to see Alpha, my second in command. She was a nice girl with straight brown hair, and bright blue eyes. In all the time that had known her, she's only ever worn her hair in a ponytail, and a mask on her face. I wasn't sure why she did this, but I figured it was personal, so I didn't ask.

"Yes?" I asked. I was preparing for training that day, one of my jobs as the commander of Chaos' army, and wasn't really happy with being interrupted.

"Lord Chaos wants to see us. He says it's really important."

"And it couldn't wait until after training practice?"

Alpha shrugged, "The army deserves a day off for once."

"I'm preparing them for the real world," I muttered as I followed Alpha to where Chaos was waiting for us.

"So how was breakfast this morning?" I asked Alpha jokingly as we walked. I said it to tease her, but I also wanted to break the silence. Alpha stuck out her tongue at me, but still laughed.

"The day I go to breakfast without Dawn dragging me there is the day we willingly go back down to Earth," she said.

"So basically never."

"Mh-hm."

I didn't think I would ever go back to Earth. People knew me once, years before this discussion, by a different name, but I didn't respond to that anymore. After I left camp, I left all memories of that life behind me. Well, most memories. I could never forget all of my friends that had died fighting for what we had thought was a noble cause at the time. I especially missed Annabeth, my old girlfriend. All these people were part of the reason why I was fighting so hard: I wanted to avenge their deaths.

Alpha, on the other hand, had never been on Earth. She was also a demigod, a daughter of Hades but, like some others in the army, had been abandoned on Chaos' training grounds as a kid. Now she was about 15 years old, in human years, and was a vicious fighter. I was glad to have her by my side.

"We have some new recruits," Alpha told me. "Three boys, and a girl."

"What are their names?" I asked, although I knew I would probably forget them soon. There were so many people here, that I just forgot half their names (I will admit, I did feel pretty guilty about it).

"Um... the boys are Arid, Cam and I think Tisan. And the girl is...," she paused for a second before saying, "Lotus."

"Cool," I said casually, trying to hide how much the word Lotus hurt me.

"I'm pretty sure Arid and Tisan are together," Alpha said thoughtfully.

"What makes you say that?"

"Just the way they acted around each other. I don't know how to explain it. The glances they sent each other, when they looked like they were holding hands..." Alpha sighed. "It was adorable."

"It would make sense why they came together," I said.

The people in the army were there for tons of different reasons. Some were unwanted and/or banished, like me. Some just felt like they didn't belong in the human world, and were offered a new life here. And some... well some were like Alpha. Their godly parent had just left them here to be raised by Chaos. But I won't tell you too much about that- I don't even know much myself. That's their business and if they want want to share it with me they can, but I won't press them to.

We reached the conference room, where Chaos was, before Alpha could reply.

"Ah good, you're both here," Chaos said when we walked in.

"What going on, My Lord?" I asked politely. I was always polite around him, and really around most of the army. One of the only exceptions was Alpha. I knew I could be myself around her. But I kept myself guarded around other people. I couldn't afford to be reckless, or rude to them. Not after what happened at camp.

"I have gotten a call from some acquaintances of ours," Chaos told us. "They need our help. I told them the army could help them fight in their war."

"Who are these acquaintances?" Alpha asked.

"Ah yes, that. Before I tell you that, I want you to promise you won't freak out," Chaos said in a slightly worried voice.

"Why would we freak out?" I asked. Alpha and I don't exactly freak out at much, like I said before. (Except, in Alpha's case, when One Direction was involved. Then she got a little crazy.)

"These acquaintances, they, well... you don't like them very much."

"We've met them?" Alpha asked surprised. I was surprised as well; we didn't meet many people who weren't part of the army. Chaos liked to keep us a little isolated. That way, we could focus. And we wouldn't have to risk being hurt like before.

"Not exactly," Chaos almost looked afraid to tell us anything. It was weird seeing him like this; it kind of scared me. "You don't really know them Alpha. Omega knows them though; pretty well actually."

"Why would I hate someone I don't know?" Alpha asked. I could tell she was just as confused as me.

"You'll understand once I tell you who they are."

"Who is it?" I asked, getting slightly impatient, but mostly worried.

Chaos took a deep breath, "The Greek Gods. Your parents."