Chapter 19

I saw Alpha in my dreams that night.

"Alpha?" I whispered.

"Hey Omega," she said.

"How are you... How are you here?" I asked.

"The Hypnos cabin is helping me. With the help of some of their magic, I can dream walk."

"Oh," I said. I didn't totally understand what she was saying, but we probably didn't have much time to waste.

"Where are you?" she asked, suddenly frantic. "I've been so worried!"

"I'm not sure where I am," I told her. "The enemy has me. He's been looking at my old memories. But don't worry about me, I'll be fine. You need to worry about yourself."

"Worry about myself? Omega you've been missing for over a week! I've been trying to contact you, but it hasn't been working."

"We don't have time to worry about that," I said. "There are things about the enemy that you need to know."

"Like what?"

"He's a shape shifter, Alpha. He can take any form that he wants. You have to be extremely careful- it's impossible to tell the difference between him and the real person."

"So he could be anyone?"

"Yes. He also gets his power from the people he kills," I informed her.
"What can we do about that?" she asked. "The only thing I could try to do is stop him from killing anyone else. But he already has power from three sacrifices- four if you count the man."

"What if we could bring the people he killed back to life?" I asked. "The power would drain from him. If I can escape at the right time, I can kill him in his weak state."

"How would you escape?" Alpha asked. "You've been stuck there for a week already- if there was a way to escape, you would have found it already."

"I'll figure something out. What you need to worry about is getting those spirits out of the Underworld."

"How could we bring anyone back to life?" she asked. "The Doors of Death would have to be open. Hades would never give us permission to do that."

"He would to do it to save himself," I explained. "Besides, you're his favourite child. He would do it if you asked."

Alph shook her head, "I can't do this alone."

"You just have to believe in yourself. And if you're that worried about it, take Forgotten with you."

"Forgotten?" Alpha asked."Why would I need her?"

"She's a daughter of Thanatos. He'll be more likely to listen if you're both there. Now find her, and go talk to Hades. We don't have much time!"

"Percy..." Alpha started, but I didn't hear what she said afterward. The rest of her words were lost as I was rudely shaken awake.

***

I had just woken up, when the man started the chanting. Great wake up call, feeling like you're being stabbed with a thousand sharp butcher knives.

***

"You can choose a new name," Chaos told me. "Leave your old life behind."

"What will I do here?' I asked.

"You can be the commander of my new army. Choose any warriors you would like in your army."

"What should my name be?" I asked.