4.0

Warning. Mention of cutting is in this chapter. Please skip if you need to.
-------------♡------------

Leigh-Anne was shocked to hear about the news about Maggie not even being real. This whole time she imagined some girl tormenting Jade when no one else was around. This made sense, though.

"If it's in her head then why does it bother her so much. I mean, I don't understand why she can't just not think about it," Leigh-Anne knew she probably wasn't making sense, but at the moment, she didn't care.

Jesy smiled weakly and shook her head. "That's not how it works. I know you care about Jade, and I reacted the same way you did."

It was true. When Jesy first got her job here, Jade was one of the first patience she met. Instantly, the two girls got close. Maybe a bit too close.

------------------♡-----------------

It was a chilly afternoon, for it was the middle of February. Jesy had just clocked in for her shift and began to do her rounds. She was to go and check on the patience who were still in their rooms. She went to every room in her hall but skipped one, so she could go to it last.

Jesy lightly knocked on the last door and smiled when she heard the voice on the other side say come in. She opened the bland looking door and was met by Jade who was reading a book.

"Jade," Jesy smiled, walking closer to the girl. She sat on the bed beside Jade and placed a hand on her shoulder. "How are you, love?"

The two girls were close. Both would be lying if they said they didn't have feelings for the other. Jesy would go far enough to say she loved Jade.

Jesy knew about Maggie. Well, she knew Jade heard things and did whatever Maggie said for her to do. Jesy didn't know too much about the patience conditions, so she assumed Maggie was a patient in another hall.

"I'm good," Jade closed her book, making sure she marked the page she was on first, and leaned over to give Jesy a soft peck on the lips.

A smile appeared on Jesy's face as the younger girl pulled away. She loved when Jade was in a loving mood like she was in now. Some days Jade was too shy to even look at Jesy, and Jade said it was Maggie's fault.

The relationship between the two was not allowed, so Jesy had to leave. She promised Jade she would return later on to check on her. Jesy almost stayed once Jade started pouting, but she knew she couldn't give into the girl.

Hours passed by and before she knew it, Jesy's time to get off was close by. She had to go check on the patience one more time then she was free to go home.

Her feet ached as she walked down the long hallways, for she never got a chance to sit down. Like usual, she waited for Jade's room last, so she could have some extra time with her girl.

Jesy stood outside of the plain white door that lead to Jade's room and went to open the door. But, something stopped her. Crying came from the other side of the door. Quickly, Jesy opened a door, and her heart broke at what she saw.

Jade was on the floor, and blood was on the floor. The girl was sobbing loudly, and she shook like a leaf. Blood covered the younger girls arm, and and Jade could do was cry as she watched it.

"Help!" Jesy yelled out, coming to her senses. She didn't know what to do, so she grabbed a blanket from Jade's bed and wrapped it around the girls on.

Jade was mumbling words, and the one that Jesy could understand was Maggie. Jesy was mad that Maggie, whoever she was, was bothering Jade all the time.

Doctors rushed in and took Jade out of the room, and Jest just sat in the floor. She almost didn't realize Nurse Stella walk in. The older woman came in quiet, or maybe, it was just Jesy was too much into her own thoughts.

"Are you okay?" Nurse Stella put a hand on Jesy's shoulder. She knew Jesy was fairly knew to this, and things the nurses see could be a lot. Plus, Stella wasn't stupid. She knew about Jesy and Jade.

"Who is this Maggie girl?" Jesy stood up, not caring about the blood on her outfit. All her concern was on Jade. "How is she doing this to Jade?"

Stella was shocked to hear that Jesy didn't know about Maggie. Even though she hadn't heard about it when she got assigned to this hall, she expected for Jade to say enough so that Jesy would understand.

"Maggie is all in Jade's head," Stella let out a sigh. She wasn't sure how she would word what she was trying to say. "Maggie isn't real."

The older nurse left after Jesy didn't give a response. She assumed Jesy just needed some time alone to prosess everything that just went down. It was a lot to take in, and even more to take in when it's the person you love.

Jesy was allowed to visit Jade the morning after. The older girl didn't want to leave the hospital the night before, but Jade could only see a few people. Jesy wasn't one if those people.

Jade was moved into a different room while she recovered, and she looked weak. Jesy tried to keep a smile on her face while she sat at the edge of Jade's bedside. The older found it a bit odd that Jade didn't return a smile but assumed it had to do with everything that happened last night.

"Hi, darling," Jesy smiled, placing a hand on Jade's good one. Well, it wasn't her hand that was hurt, but Jesy would rather be safe and avoid it.

Jade moved her hand and stared at the wall in front of her. She was quiet, but eventually, she talked. Jesy wished she didn't once she did.

"I can't do this anymore, Jesy," Jade tried not to cry. It was just, Maggie pushed everyone Jade loved away. Maggie ruins Jade's life, and she wants her gone.

"What?" Jesy hadn't expected this. She knew it was crazy, but she thought her and Jade could last. Sure, they weren't together for that long, but it was still something.

There was a silence between the two girls, because neither of them knew what to say. Jade knew Jesy wanted an explanation, she just didn't know how to put it.

"Maggie doesn't like you. She warned me of this," Jade let out a laugh, though nothing was funny. "She said she would hurt me if I didn't stop seeing you, but I didn't listen."

Jesy knew Jade wasn't mentally stable, and that's why she let her go. She couldn't be in a relationship with Jade until the younger girl was better. In the end, it would be worth the wait.

Even though she was hurt, Jesy left. The relationship had so many problems in it, and it was for the best for the both of them. And who knows. Maybe they might have a happy ending after all.