8.0

Staring in the eyes of the person who caused you the most pain will never be easy. The hardships they put you through will always be on your mind when you see them. The saying I can forgive but never forget is bolded when you are in a situation like Jade was in now. It felt like someone opened up the internal scars as the girl looked to the man that hurt her beyond compare.

No words were spoken. They stared at each other as if it were some game. The first to look away loses, and neither wanted to lose. Maybe they both had the fear if one looked away, the other would disappear. It all felt so unreal. He never thought this moment would happen.

She was trying so hard. In many ways she was trying hard at the moment. One way was to not have a full blown break down at seeing the man. No matter how many times he had done her wrong, she loved him. She hated herself for loving him. The screams of Maggie in her head were getting louder.She was telling Jade to leave or to yell at the man who killed her. Jade was struggling to keep it together for her and Maggie.

Leigh-Anne and Jesy stood against the wall beside of the door that the three came in. They wanted to give enough space for Jade to do her thing but close enough for Jade to feel the support. On the opposite wall stood an officer to keep an eye on Jade's father. Though there were other people in the room with them, Jade felt like it was just her and her father.

"Jadey," his voice sounded rough yet it was soft. He watched his daughter and wished more than anything that he could read her face. "I've missed you, love."

Anger flooded though her at the three words he spoke. I miss you. He was nothing but a liar. She couldn't bring herself to call him the name, though. She hoped if she stayed quiet and didn't deny it aloud, then maybe it would be true. He looked like he meant it, but he has always been a liar. He was probably good at it now with all the practice he has had.

it wasn't until a tear fell down his cheek that Jade began to feel bad. Here she was thinking horrible thinks about her father,and he was trying to tell her the truth. Jade had always been the person to forgive easily, and she was slowly breaking at the moment. This was her father, and she felt as if she had to forgive him.

"Why?" she asked, tears began to fall as she shook her head. "Why did you do this to me? To them?"

They both now were crying hard, but neither of them cared. The moment was a breakthrough for them. Actually, the two of them just sitting in front of each other was a breakthrough, this was something more.

"I wish I knew, baby," he looked at the table, trying to stop crying. "That night something took over me, and I couldn't control it anymore. I know it is no excuse, but its the only explanation I have. That night was a mistake."

Jade felt like her heart was being torn into pieces. Just remembering the night hurt her more than any physical pain would. Maggie tried to keep Jade from emotional pain by keeping her away from people. Well, that's what Jade always assumed.

"I have no one. Mom and Maggie are...." she trailed off. As hard as she tried, she couldn't bring herself to say the words. "You took everything away from me. All because you were selfish."

He knew he was selfish and he knew he deserved everything she was telling him. Though he knew she was right, he felt like he should explain himself. He wanted to clear everything up.

"Please," he began. "Let explain everything that happened that night."