The Proposal

Here's an extra little chapter I thought would be cute! Enjoy!

A whole year had passed since Jade and Leigh-Anne had left the hospital. Their love had only grew, and things were beautiful between the two. They learned small things about one another each day, and it was a love that anyone could see.

"Honey, I'm home," Jade called out once she stepped inside the couple's home. This was something she had said every time she got off work for about a month now.

No one answered Jade, making her frown slightly. Usually, Leigh-Anne would always say something back, but this time, there was no answer.

She wondered through their house, looking for her girlfriend, but she was no where to be seen. She made her way to their bedroom and smiled once she saw a sticky note on their queen sized bed.

Hi, baby. I know you have had a long day of work, but I have a surprise for you outside.

                             -Leigh-Anne

Jade smiled at how their was a small heart next to the girl's name. She put the cute little note in her top drawer of her bedside table like she did with every not that Leigh-Anne had written her.

Before going downstairs, she kicked her shoes off. She stripped her clothes off in a hurry and put them in the hamper. She opened her closet to find some comfortable clothes to wear and saw a set of Disney princess pajamas that caught her eye. There was another sticky note on them, telling her to wear those before coming downstairs.

With her new pajamas on, Jade quickly went downstairs to find Leigh-Anne in their backyard. The older girl wore the same pair of pajamas, and Jade laughed. One time Jade had suggested they get a matching pair but Leigh-Anne shut that down fast.

"Hey, baby," Leigh-Anne smiled, wrapping her arms around Jade. She planted a kiss on her cheek as Jade looked around at their backyard.

There was a pile of pillows in the middle of the yard right under a large tree. Leigh-Anne's laptop was on the pile of blankets. There was also a pizza box beside the laptop.

"What's all of this?" Jade asked, looking back to Leigh-Anne who still had her arms around her.

Leigh-Anne just hummed and took her girlfriend's hand and led her to the pile of blankets. They both took a seat and cuddled up to each other. They talked about their day and just about little things.

"I just thought we could have a cute night," Leigh-Anne said, taking bite of pizza. "I wanted it to be just me and you."

Eventually, they turned on The Little Mermaid and ate their pizza. Jade rested her head on the other girl's shoulder while Leigh-Anne had her arms wrapped around Jade.

"It's getting late," Jade yawned, standing up once the movie ended. She picked up the pizza box that was almost empty and walked towards the house. "Are you coming?"

She noticed Leigh-Anne wasn't behind her. Turning, her eyes widened once she noticed Leigh-Anne was on one knee. Tears brimmed her eyes once her eyes focused on the ring box that her girlfriend was holding.

"I love you," Leigh-Anne said nervously. "I just want to spend the rest of my life with you as my wife. You know that I'm not good with words, but I just have a question. Will you marry me?"

By now, Jade was crying completely. She nodded, wiping the tears away. Leigh-Anne slipped the finger on Jade's finger, and both of them were shaking nervously.

"Of course I will marry you."