5.0

It was a long night for Leigh-Anne. After she heard about what happened between Jesy and Jade, she couldn't help but to think this could happen to them. No, they weren't together, but the feelings were obviously there.

When Leigh-Anne returned to her and Jade's room, Jade was fast asleep. The nurse told Leigh-Anne that Jade should be fine for the night. The older was glad that Jade could get some rest, but she wanted to check on her.

Currently, it was 6:18 a.m. and Jade was still fast asleep. Leigh-Anne had gotten about an hour of asleep during the night. Too much was on her mind for her to sleep. She found peace in watching Jade. Not in a stalkerish way, though. It was in a good way.

The sound of the heater turning on was the only thing that was heard. Occasionally, the sound of someone walking by the door would be heard, or maybe it was soft voices talking back and forth to one another.

Leigh-Anne had therapy today, but she didn't need it. Well, that's what she thought. The girl hadn't had many problems with anger, nothing like she had before. There has been a few slipups, but everyone has a few of those.

Maybe it was getting away from the toxic place she was in. It was a small toxic town with toxic people. Leigh-Anne couldn't stand the people there. Hypocrites and liars were all around, but sometimes, you met the good people there. Good people are hard to find.

Jade stirring captured Leigh-Anne's attention. This was pretty early, especially for Jade. The girl usually woke up around ten, and it was only because the nurses made her.

"Good morning," Jade smiled at Leigh-Anne. The girl acted in a good mood for everything that happened last night.

It would be a lie if Leigh-Anne said that she wasn't worried about Jade, but she his the worry and put on a smile. Jade was the only one who could make her smile so early in the morning, but Jade was the only one who could make her do a lot of things.

"Morning, love," Leigh-Anne sat up in her bed, shivering slightly as the cool air hit her. Christmas was not too long away, and the closer it got, the colder it got. "Sleep well?"

Jade nodded her head as she watched Leigh-Anne head into the bathroom. She was thankful that Leigh-Anne didn't mention the night before, because in all honesty, Jade didn't want to talk about it.

The sound of the shower was heard which made Jade get out of bed. She knew Leigh-Anne would probably be in there for a while, and that gave Jade time. She laid on the floor and looked under her bed.

Stacks of books were neatly stacked under the small bed, and each book contained Jade's drawings. She pulled out the one closest to her and sat up. She sat in her knees and bit her lip as she looked down at the book.

With a deep breath, she opened the book. The first page was of a flower. The next page, she knew, was one she didn't want to see. Her fingers shook as she turned the page. Quickly, she squeezed her eyes shut after catching a glimpse of the picture. It didn't get easier to see that picture.

Jade drew the picture when she was almost twelve years old. The picture was overall dark and disturbing. No twelve year old should even think about what was in the picture.

But, unfortunately for Jade, she lived this picture.

The bathroom door opened up, making Jade slam the book shut. She silently prayed that Leigh-Anne wouldn't get suspicious about her strange behavior.

Leigh-Anne was drying her hair with a towel and sat on her own bed. She looked really pretty, and no one could deny it. She had no makeup on, and that's how Jade liked her best. Don't get her wrong, Jade always found Leigh-Anne beautiful, but when the girl wore no makeup, it showed off her natural beauty.

"Are you hungry?" Leigh-Anne watched Jade. The younger girl looked nervous, but considering all that happened last night, it didn't seem too abnormal.

Jade shook her head, staring down at the book. She knew if she looked at Leigh-Anne, she would look guilty. She had a habbit of not looking at people, for she was scared of showing het emotions at certain times. Like right now.

"I would, but I'm not feeling too fresh," she took a glance at Leigh-Anne and could tell she believed her. Maybe she wasn't as bad of a liar as she thought.

"Oh," Leigh-Anne smiled, instantly making Jade feel bad once more. She didn't like lying to her friend, but at the moment, she needed some alone time.

Jade waved a goodbye to Leigh-Anne when she walked out the door. Her book was still clutched tightly to her chest, and all she wanted to do was throw it away.

Something was keeping her from it. The book brought bad memories. These memories were the ones that would haunt her forever.

Jade opened up the book to the page she dreaded most and gasped at it. No, she wasn't surprised of what was on the page, it was just the memories flooding back. These were dark times in Jade's life, and all she wanted was to forget them.

But, as long as Maggie's around, she can't forget.

On the page was a man. He had a smile on his face, but Jade meant for that smile to be a mean one. This man, he was mean. In his hand, he held a knife. In a little kids drawing, it didn't look much like a knife, but Jade knew. The tip of the knife was covered in red.

On floor was a body. A little stick figure that looked to be laying down. It wore a purple dress and had long, dark hair. It had no face or eyes, making the image scarier.

Next to the body was another. It was slightly bigger, but they both had red surrounding them. This part of the picture brought tears to Jade's eyes as she looked at it.

Then last was one more body. It stood far off from the others. The face had a frown and blue dots that resembled tears. The figure stood in horror, watching the ones on the ground.

Jade couldn't stand the image anymore. That scared little girl was her, she even wrote her name under the stick figure. Hurridly, she flipped the page, and this one, it made her heart break even more.

In a pink crown, a name was written. It was Jade. She remembered it the day before the last picture was drew. In a purple crayon, another name was spelled out.

Maggie.

The same girl who laid bloody on the floor next to their mother and under their father. The same girl who died all too soon and keeps haunting Jade's mind.

-------------♡---------------

The picture was basically the moment where Maggie died. Maggie was Jade's sister, and she was killed along side the two girls mother. Jade writes down her memories.