prologue

This was going to be another ordinary day, that's what I thought.

Although, you know what they say? It always comes crashing down when you least expect something, because never had I ever imagined to see him, the person I hoped to never see again.

It was yet another day in class, and I was making doodles on the last page of my notebook. That was as far as my creativity ever went. Students were making the classroom turn into a chaos, and then suddenly the noise stopped making me realize that the professor had entered. I still didn't look up from my notebook.

Two horns in the head and I'll be done drawing our professor, should I add yet another horn?

A voice rang in the air making the class become quieter. My ears parked up as I slowly started coloring the horns with my mechanical pencil.

"As you know students, professor Cha has taken a long vacation of three weeks to recover from his stomach surgery."

I stopped. Keeping my eyes down on the horrible doodle I had made, suddenly feeling bad because I didn't even know the professor was sick and had undergone a massive surgery to take that big of a time off, when he never missed a lecture by a minute.

It was the dean of our faculty, the corpulent man with a bulging stomach and receding hairline. I could tell even without looking because of his groggy voice that somehow matched his appearence.

"The classes has to go on. Your professor recommended him— his student that recently got his master's degree with the highest CGPA in the history of the English literature and arts department, from university of Seoul, and soon to obtain a PHD degree. He'll be a substitute teacher for these three weeks. He's young but don't judge his teaching ability by that." The dean softly chuckled after completing his announcement.

"Hello, I'm Kim Namjoon. I'll be your English literature teacher for three weeks, hope we will all get along fine!"

My pencil dropped from my hand as I looked up. That voice— it couldn't be.

But it was. No, this couldn't be happening.

I blinked hard staring ahead at the guy in blue shirt, full sleeves rolled up to his arms, and formal pants. A huge grin plastered across his face, dark brown hair brushing down to his forehead.

His eyes wandered around the classroom, scanning the eyes of every student. Then they landed on mine. The dean had already left the room, silence was still in the air, and, even though the classroom was filled with students, it felt like only me and him were here.

"You!" He mouthed but no sound came out. The fat book he had in his hands fell on the ground with a loud thud instead.

My eyes were already wide as if they were shooting up to my forehead.

How and why?

Why was the guy I had accidentally kissed the other day, standing there only a few feet away, staring right into my eyes? And how the hell did this happen!

Because the only thing that stopped me from digging up the ground and burying myself in it was reassuring myself thinking he was a stranger.

Yes, I kissed a stranger that day.

It was my very first kiss, that wasn't stolen by a girl considering how gayish people always confirmed I was. But a guy.

Now he was right in front of me.

---
a/n:
Update it's almost 2021 and this book made me cringe so hard I decided to REWRITE. I can't abandon this story because of the massive amount of readers that really like this book.

I'll take this shot and give it another chance. I first wrote it when I was a teen and I wrote it for fun. Later I realized how much potential this story had yet I never tried better. It always made me feel really bad.

If you're a first time reader, join in! If you're a rereader, please don't spoil. I appreciate the support from each and every one of you.

---

All rights reserved ©myshatae. Don't copy my work, don't plagiarize. Trust me I'll find you and if I do, I'll make you clean my dirty room everyday for the rest of your life.

Namjoon denitely deserves a lot of love and a lot more attention. I hope this book can reach out to all armys, Namjoon biased or not!

Hope you'll enjoy.