23: date me

"Why wouldn't you date me!"

That's the first thing I said, more like screamed after I had blasted through the door to Namjoon's office and recreated my oh-so-heroic pose, which was putting my hands over his desk with a loud thud, and trapping him in between my arms while shooting him my deadly stare.

"You can't just leave me hanging like that," I growled at the wide-eyed one before me. "Look at me! I couldn't sleep! Nor could I concentrate in any of my classes today!"

Couldn't he understand how much it was paining me? After going all the way to asking him out and he completely brushed it off?

"So you guys really have something going on." A raspy voice came from the side.

I was surprised to find out the voice's owner, Yoongi sitting right there, all this time. I was so caught up in my actions I hadn't realized he was there.

Yoongi gave me a sharp look then glanced back at Namjoon. "I was just asking him. You guys did seem fishy to me."

With that, he got up. I was calmer now and stood steadily unlike before, but my mind still processing what was happening.

"Let me answer for him, which I think is the right answer." Yoongi again shared a glance with Namjoon then stared at me, his hands shoved inside his jacket's pockets.

"He probably wouldn't date you because his time here is ending and he'd go back to Ilsan soon." Yoongi breathed out. "Now I'll see myself out. You guys talk."

It was soon when he had left. There were thousands of questions flying through my mind already. Namjoon really was going to leave?

I kind of knew it. I saw this coming.

"When?" I turned to Namjoon and asked, swallowing the lump that was rising in my throat. "When are you going to leave?"

"Soomi, I would've told you this today." Namjoon rolled his lower lip inside his mouth. I couldn't decipher his facial expression but he looked, sad?

"I know," I muttered under my breath, loud enough for him to hear. "I didn't think you'd leave Seoul. I thought you'd just leave this college when professor Cha comes back."

"Ilsan is my hometown, I moved here temporarily." Namjoon stood up from his seat and approached me. "I'd have to leave at the end of this week, or next week, after professor's arrival is confirmed."

"Okay." My voice sounded dry and off as I acknowledged.

I'm not going to cry. I never cry in front of someone.

"So what?" I slowly crossed my arms over my chest, cocking an eyebrow in the meantime. He looked surprised.

"That doesn't mean we can't go on a date. You're still teaching me remember?" I said blatantly. "Since we don't have much time left let's do it today."

"Wait, Soomi—"

"You're done here, right? Meet me at four pm, near that library you once took me to."

"But—"

"Stop." I showed him my hand, almost shoving it to his face. "Today's date is on my hands. I know close to nothing but you can count on me."

I said it as fast as I could before I flee from his sight. Four pm, which meant I had only three hours in my hands with a lot to prepare.

Thankfully, I bumped into Hyemi while running down the hallway. "Hyemi!" I screamed waving my hands at her. She was the one I was looking for.