20: it wasn't a mistake

"I thought it was a dream..."

Namjoon muttered under his breath and I couldn't fathom what he was saying for a second until the realization hit me like a truck.

I couldn't breathe. It felt like time had just stopped right then and there. Did he just say that?

He thought he saw me kissing him in his dream?

Namjoon jutted his head back, pushing his chair backward in the meantime, and hurriedly got up as he was free from my grasp now.

"I, ah, need to go," he mumbled looking away. It wasn't a second until he dashed off the office leaving me behind, bewildered like that.

Shit.

***

How would I face him tomorrow?

That was all I could think the whole day, locking myself in my room and practically leaving the outer world.

Today was one of the most awkward days of my life and it was my fault. Everything was my fault from the beginning.

Scoffing at myself, I picked up my phone that was lying on my bed helplessly as it hadn't been checked the whole day. After opening it, I was greeted by a few texts from the genius man, Yoongi.

Infiresman: you free at 8 tonight?

Infiresman: come to yeonhye dong street

Infiresman: you don't believe me so see namjoon rapping with your own eyes

My eyes went wide, excitement rushing through my veins, but that went away soon when I had realized it was already past eight and the messages were received three hours ago.

Even if I left now how would I face Namjoon, talk to him after what had happened?

I had always wanted to see underground rappers, and witnessing Namjoon like that? It's not like I hadn't believed Yoongi before though, damn, I wished so much I could see it with my own eyes.

I looked at the clock hanging on the bedside wall again.

And, this is why they say curiosity killed the cat.

It was only five minutes later when I was running on the street to the bus station and no one was here to stop me. My brother wasn't at home, mom was at work and my brain cells were only telling me to do one thing. Run.

So I did. I took the last bus for the night that left me on the predestined street. I then texted Yoongi again as I walked around the deserted neighborhood.

There was hardly anyone here. Buildings, and the apartment places looked shabby and old. The roads were rusty but I was enjoying the night walk. I was too excited not to enjoy.

I was good at finding places since it didn't take me much time to find where Yoongi and his gang were situated, but, unlike what I had thought, there were only three people sitting on different bikes near an old pub. They seemed to have an animated conversation going on.

From afar I could tell it was Yoongi, his mint colored hair would give it away within miles.

I quickly approached them with a grin on my face, exhausted a little for all the running around. "You're late hun, the show's over." Yoongi rolled his eyes dramatically as soon as he saw me.

"Hey!" The other guy beside him waved his hand at me cheerfully.

He looked familiar but I couldn't remember his name. However, I was stopped in this little brainstorming to recognize him when the third guy, the guy that had his back facing me turned around.