14: notice me

Teachers can be your friend too.

I felt determined today, staring at Namjoon so intensely that it could burn holes in his face if that was possible.

He was busy with the lecture. He wouldn't spare me a glance, so I furrowed my eyebrows and kept staring at him intently, and staring, and staring more, and waiting for the class to be over.

I wouldn't know just what came over me yesterday. My period hadn't started yet I felt like a demon ready to devour human souls. And then there was a moment of epiphany, I realized what was wrong with me.

Because I had already thought of him as a friend it was uncomfortable for me to see him avoiding me like that, treating others the same way when I thought we had formed a special relationship.

Of course, Namjoon was brilliant, he had skipped grades, became a lecturer at such a young age but he had some lackings in his head.

His friend was his friend. I was his student and for that very reason, I had a better position. I could be student, and, a friend too.

I smirked by myself, beyond amazed by my thoughts. Really I never would've thought Namjoon could be a good friend to me despite him being my teacher, until he started avoiding me.

Namjoon checked his wristwatch and called it a day. Everyone quickly took off their seats and started to leave, but I sat there calmly.

"Wow, what's wrong with your face?" Jungkook came and stood in front of me, blocking my view of Namjoon arranging his desk.

"You look so..., weird. What's with that expression?" Jungkook shivered by himself, observing my face with skepticism.

"Go. I have work to do." I grabbed my bag seeing that Namjoon was leaving the room. I bolted ahead to catch up with the tall guy.

"Oh, are my bandages showing?" I turned around and asked a surprised Jungkook just before leaving through the door.

"Ah, yeah. Wha-"

Not giving him another chance to talk, I started running through the empty hallway. After I had 'almost' severely injured myself yesterday, the remedy was to attach a few patches on my arms and legs (which were invisible for my jeans and shirt). There were two other cuts around my cheek area and the forehead and I had band-aids covering those places.

Hyemi was concerned when she saw me today. I was surprised Namjoon didn't even notice.

"Hey!" I ran up to Namjoon who was walking pretty fast on the hallway to his office, holding a few books in his hands. He didn't seem to hear me.

"Hi!" I breathed out, smiling at him as I walked by his side this time. He nodded, and slowered his pace to meet mine.

"How are you Soomi?" He smiled brightly at me for a second, then looked ahead again.

"I hurt myself." I piped, looking at his face eagerly to see his expression.

"Really?" He glanced at me again, and tjen he stopped walking. "You really did. How did this happen?" He scanned my face and asked in a worried voice.

He finally noticed! "I got into an accident yesterday. I was riding a bicycle and hurt my arms and legs too." I started rolling the sleeves of my shirt too show him the cuts, excitedly as if this was something fun.

"Wait, wait!" Namjoon gestured his hands at me to stop. "Are they still hurting? You need to be more careful!"

He got worried for me just like before.