24: new to this

PARK SOOMI'S POV

"What?" I asked, panic rising in my voice. "Do I look weird?"

I was wearing a pastel brown romper skirt that rested just above my knees, a white turtleneck tee underneath. This was the only outfit a bit similar to a dress that I could find in my wardrobe and pull through.

My mom bought the romper skirt for me on my eighteenth birthday but this was my first time wearing it. I put on a light touch of makeup, done by the expert Hyemi. And now I was feeling really stupid.

Judging by Namjoon's expression, his eyes pouring out of his sockets and mouth agape, I could tell that I looked strange and peculiar to him.

"No, it's just that-" He quickly looked away fixing his glasses. "It must've been your first time wearing a dress."

He then let out a cackle that sounded dry and nervous. Since he was a gentleman he probably was suppresing himself to say I looked ugly on my face.

I touched the small earring on my left ear as a small sigh escaped my mouth. I could feel the excitement leaving my body, but I didn't let it get to me.

"Let's go then." I smiled at him. "I wanna visit the aquarium today."

***

"I really thought it would be an amusement park." Namjoon shared a glance at me then looked ahead.

His hands shoved inside his pants pockets. He was clad in a light colored shirt, first few buttons undone and a black t-shirt could be seen from underneath. Really simple and typical look like every other day yet he looked like the star of this place, most handsome of them all. Or was it just me?

What was wrong with me, really?

"I thought visiting an aquarium would be fun. You're not liking it?"

"No! I'm impressed," he told me and quickly looked away again. This had been going on for a while.

Did I look that ugly!

"Oh look, seals!" Namjoon gushed excitedly, quickly marching towards the glass bars with seals inside in the water and playing by themselves.

"They're so cute!" He gave his biggest smile showing his teeth. His dimples so deep I could pour ramen in them and eat- wow I'm so weird.

"Yes, they are cute." I laughed and played along.

You are cuter.

"Ahjussi, you're blocking my vieew." A voice spoke in a high tone, almost like a chipmunk it sounded.

We looked back to where it was coming from, and found a tiny boy, no more than four years old, standing there sucking on his lolipop, his big doe eyes staring up at us.

"Oh, sorry!" Namjoon apologized and moved away. The small boy took little steps and stood by me. A whimper left his mouth.

"I can't see anyway." His little voice sounded disappointed. His height was a big disadvantage yet he kept himself up on his toes, his neck pulled up in the hopes to see the seals.

He tried a few jumps but he was too small to look over the three feet tall wall under the glass material.

"Can I help you?" Namjoon crouched down to the boy's level and said. Before that, he flashed me a smile.

I did that back. Our eyes telling each other that we both found the small boy adorable.

With the boy's nod, Namjoon lifted him up in his arms and placed him close to his chest where the boy could see the seals perfectly. The small one's eyes lit up and the lolipop fell from his mouth.