15.

6 years ago. The Selection, Limia.

The atmosphere felt electric, perhaps it was due to the after rush from the amazing concert or the buzzing champagne that tingled their tongues and warmed their hearts. Everyone was dressed in their best attire, flashing mischievous glances and bright smiles around. The crowd was young and rich, wrapped up in their luxurious, crystalline bubble of privilege and perfect utopia. Well, mostly all of them. The few Selected that had never had a taste of this fancy way of life felt out of place, sipping champagne flute after the other to ease their nerves and widening their smiles to seem more approachable. Appearances mattered so much.

"Hey, easy on the Veuve Clicquot darling!" Simone laughed as she watched Claire down another glass of alcohol. The French girl smiled at her with sparkling eyes, evidently drunk but so was mostly everyone. Simone scanned the room, searching for the Prince but everyone was so tall, she couldn't spot him amongst the crowd. Was he even here? They were told he would attend the after party, but no one that she knew had seen him yet.

She watched Kadence and Victoria dance in rhythm to the classic band, giggling every time one would step over the other's foot. Everyone was so wasted, maybe besides Simone. She wanted to keep her composure so she could be in control of herself when talking with the prince. It had been a while since they hung out, Prince Harry busy with individually meeting all the other girls and working, but she had missed him. The kiss they shared on their date felt almost magical, like a fairy tale moment, especially knowing he thought she was different, unique. Perhaps, it meant that he liked her? Or was she thinking way ahead of herself?

Her eyes diverted to Madison, seeing her chat with Alexandra. Obviously, the Four wasn't used to this sort of lavish life and just like Claire, she was clearly enjoying the expensive champagne, her cheeks were rosy and her eyes glimmering under the dim lights. Simone's eyebrows raised as she saw Kevin, the singer who performed at the concert they attended earlier, approach Madison and ask her to dance, earning an eager response. She should be careful, Simone thought to herself, before her attention was diverted by someone tapping on her shoulder. A smile grew on her face as she recognized the Prince and instantly felt at ease.

"Enjoying the evening, Simone?" The Prince smirked, and oh well, he was drunk too. His eyes stayed focused on her, a playful glint in them and it made her blush.

"Of course, Your Majesty. You seem to have really been enjoying the cocktails tonight?" She teased him and he chuckled.

"I can't say no to Veuve Clicquot, it would be a blasphemy." She hummed, sipping on her own glass and kept her eyes on him. "You look splendid."

"You don't look too bad yourself." She smirked, feeling his hand graze her elbow. Chills rose beneath her skin, her feelings shifting. She took in a deep breath, suddenly getting warmer.

"I'm glad I found you." He said and she could almost feel her heart grow a size bigger. He did like her! She blushed harder and tried to hide her smile behind her glass. "You're probably the only person here who's actually going to be helpful."

She raised a brow, confused. "What may I help you with, my Prince?" She inched herself closer, Prince Harry feeling like a magnet. She just wanted to place her hands on his chest and let him slowly rock them back and forth in sync with the soft melody playing.

"I was looking for Madison, perhaps you might have seen her?" She froze, breath and heartbeat halting and turning her body cold like ice. Embarrassment started pooling in her stomach and she wished the ground would swallow her whole right at this moment.

"Pardon?"

"Madison Pearl? You haven't seen her, did you? Damn it." He started mumbling, brows furrowing. He looked visibly upset and it was only fueling her mortification. So he didn't actually want to talk to her, but to Madison? Shame slowly turned to annoyance as she watched him scan the crowded room in search for the brunette and Simone remembered how she saw Madison leave with Kevin.