21.

Don't forget to vote please xx

Adeline made the bed perfectly, dusting off the surface before placing the bottles of prescribed pills in a particular order on the bedside table. She adjusted the light in the room and sighed, turning around to make sure everything was just like she required. Satisfied, she checked her watch and just in time, three knocks were heard at the door.

"Good evening Madison, the room is ready." She smiled warmly at the future princess, following behind her and replacing things back to their exact place after Madison had used them. The look of relief on Mady's face as she hid under the covers was her signal that things were good.

"Thank you Adeline." Mady said, squeezing her maid's hand lightly. Adeline smiled, squirting hand sanitizer on her hands before turning off all the lights. With one last goodbye, she closed the door behind her and exhaled deeply. Her smile faded, replaced by deep sadness. It was their routine now, only her was allowed to take care of Mady and it was gradually taking a toll on her. Not because she had to do more work, but just watching Madison in that never ending state was worrisome. She hadn't noticed any change for the better, but at least she was healthy and so was the baby. Her thoughts flickered to the Prince, his majesty completely forbidden from approaching the room. Well, not technically, he could visit at any time, but there was this sort of silent agreement that Madison didn't want him near and he evidently made no move to see her since they got back from the hospital.

Just like everyone else in the castle, Adeline prayed that things would go back to reality and soon. Only her was allowed to report to the royal couple about Madison's state, making her also very aware of another critical condition that only added pressure to everything else. The King was ill, and it wasn't getting better.

Very few people were informed of it, and she only knew because of her daily visits to the royal quarters where she'd witness King Arthur plugged to multiple IVs. He was still strong enough to keep his composure most of the day, and pretend like the illness wasn't killing him inside. But by the evening, he would collapse in his bed, pain emitting from every pore in his body. His only request was to keep it hushed, not even his son knew about his condition, promising to tell the dreadful news once he wouldn't be able to physically hide it. Madison and Harry already had too much to handle, and it pained Adeline to know that the Prince wasn't aware of his father's sickness. But these were his orders, all she could do was give her daily reports and walk away without a word about the King's state.

Today seemed to have been a difficult day, his painful expression and chalky white completion only indications that it was hurting more, and whatever drugs they were giving every hour weren't helping him. The Queen sat by his side, face filled of tenderness for her love and murmuring encouraging words while the Doctor administered another shot of drugs.

"Your Majesty," She bowed respectively, talking directly to the Queen and trying her best to avoid drifting her eyes to King Arthur. "She is as usual." Queen Vivian gave her a short look, nodding thankfully before focusing back on her husband. Adeline bowed again before leaving their room, her mood only dampened even more. Nothing in the Royal castle was joyful anymore, everything was just plain miserable. So she prayed, again and again for hope, for something to happen, for sense to be knocked into the Prince's head.

Louis looked up from his book when he heard someone knock at Harry's door, glancing at his friend and making sure he was soundly sleeping. He opened the door quietly, frowning when he recognized Katie's petite frame, a guilty look on her face.